Chapter Fifty-Seven: Rats

Lydia

Two weeks.

It has been two weeks since everything happened. I noticed I was going thinner as they were practically starving me, I haven't spoken to anyone in those two weeks.

I refused to talk to anyone including Beth, she was dying a very slow death, she needed blood fast.

Throughout the days, I sat and watched them all talk. A group of them have planned our escape but, they have tried many times, I just knew there was no escaping this place.

I felt disgusting, I probably looked terrible right now, all I seem to try to do is sleep or just cry, crying because I just wanted out of this place.

I was staring at the wet cold wall opposite me as I knew we were coming into winter.

"How are you holding up, Lydia?" I stopped looking at the wall and ended up staring at the girl who continually counts how many days she has been here.

I looked at her as she gave me a small smile, "She refuses to talk, she's going through a lot." Beth looks at me worriedly.

I heard Beth struggling to breathe as her throat kept closing. She needs blood.

"My name's Emma," the girl again tries to make a conversation with me, "I lived here just like you, Nathaniel got me first," she whispered.

"I'm sorry for your loss," she then adds, "I miss my parents a lot." She wipes a few tears away that formed in her eyes.

"Feeding time rats." I scoffed as I instantly knew it was Sam, that's what he called us... rats.

I noticed a red substance in a glass, I realised it was blood for Beth. Sam handed it to her as smile grew on my face, she was getting her proper needs.

She picked up the glass without another thought and downed it in one gulp. She closed her eyes as they flashed a hint of red.

"More!" Beth demanded.

"That's all you get for now," Sam said as he moved on to the others and lastly it was me, "Here you go, Lydia."

I refused to look at him. He was a monster.

"Stop all this sulking," he growled.

"Fuck off," I hissed.

Sam chucked my tray down on the ground and slapped me with full force on my face, I felt a massive sting as his hand left my cheek.

"Never disrespect me again!" He spat.

"Why don't you just finish me off? just like you did with my mum!" I yelled as that earned me another slap.

"If I could, I would." He grabbed me and pinned me against the wall, if my back wasn't bruised already, it sure was now.

"Rot in hell," I mumbled as he was about to forcefully kick me but stopped as he noticed Nathaniel.

"Sam, that's enough, we have to keep her alive," he strictly said. Sam gives me a look of disgust and he took his leave.

"Sleep well girls, in a few days the fun will begin."