narr-89-ation

yujin

"Yuj, gising na."

i scratched my eyes, while trying to look up.

alam ko naman na it was minjoo who woke me up. i spent the night here yesterday, because my parents insisted to.

syempre, i had no choice.

"I baked cookies. Maghanda ka na rin, they'll be here in a few." minjoo said, habang nakangiti.

my eyes shot wide when i heard her. i wasn't aware of the time, at nakita kong it was already 2:30 in the afternoon.

and not only that, nagulat rin ako nung sinabi niyang nagbake siya. she hasn't cooked anything before, as long as i can remember.

"Nagluluto ka?" i asked. i heard her chuckle as i sat up from my bed, reaching out to my phone on the bedside table. but then i noticed, wala yung phone ko don.

"Uh, yes?"

maybe i misplaced it, i thought.

minjoo sat down, with her eyes on me. "No you don't. Di pa nga kita nakikitang magluto eh." i looked back at her.

it was almost like a normal day for us. or at least, for me. feeling ko, i already got used to this.

ever since that day, we got a little more open to each other. and when i got drunk nung isang araw, that was a plus.

i'm not gonna lie, it was comfortable being with her.

"Tanga, ako nagluto nung hangover soup mo."

to my surprise, she leaned in quick, and gave me a peck on the lips.

i smiled at her, and she dragged me out of the room.

and maybe, just maybe, that what i said about learning to love her wasn't all just a lie.

"YUJEN!! MINJONG!! BUKSAN NIYO NA TO!!" rinig kong sigaw ni yena mula sa labas.

hindi ko ba alam dito, hindi ata alam yung salitang hiya.

kakatapos ko lang maligo, at wala akong ibang suot kung hindi yung sports bra ko at yung jogging pants.

and for sure, iinisin nanaman ako nitong mga to.

hindi ko naman kasi inexpect na dadating sila in exactly 5 in the afternoon, kaya hindi muna ako naligo at nagayos. instead, tinulungan ko nalang si minjoo magayos ng mga gamit para hindi masyadong mahirapan yung mga katulong nila sa bahay.

their personal chef was busy preparing desserts we requested, kaya less hassle.

so wala akong choice but to open the door since minjoo's still in the bathroom, and the maids were now cleaning the backyard.

"Bakit naman-"

natigilan ako sa pagsasalita dahil pinaghahampas nila ako bago ko pa sila papasukin.