narr-73-ation

third-person point of view

bumalik si yujin sa katinuan niya in a solid minute. she was very preoccupied with the thoughts she had earlier.

she ran to wonyoung again with a settled mind, now unconsciously, genuinely smiling at what she describes as her beanpole. corny, no? but you can't stop an in-love person from thinking such disgust-worthy thoughts.

being in love can make people crazy, and yujin stood in front of her, realizing that she's crazy for that beanpole.

and the certain beanpole she always thought of? she was in the verge of breaking.

"Uy Wonyoung, ang tagal mo kanina, kaya nakipagdaldalan muna ako. Hehe." as she made up an excuse, wonyoung's tears are forming. but she definitely won't admit that.

"Marami akong sasabihin sayo." dagdag ni yujin, na nakangiti. wonyoung smiled bitterly in between her repressed tears, at napaiwas nalang siya ng tingin.

sobrang gago mo, wonyoung thought. she's so tired with everything. she thinks of herself as the second-option, the bestfriend, and the back-up. pero ano bang magagawa niya?

mahal niya yung tao.

she fell in love, and she doesn't know how to undo that.

"Ah, nakipagdaldalan. Oo nga. Halata naman." natatawang banggit ni wonyoung. yujin thought that something was off. she never saw wonyoung like that- she looks like she's in pain.

"San tayo pwedeng mag-usap? Ayoko nang pumunta sa canteen eh." tanong ni yujin, in hopes of getting wonyoung's attention again.

"Sa loob ng conference room? Siguro?W-Wala naman nang tao dun." she says, forcing her eyes to not pour her tears out.

by that, nalaman ni yujin na nasasaktan nga si wonyoung. dahil sa utal at tono palang niya.

yujin never saw wonyoung like this.

alam niya at nararamadaman niya na nasasaktan si wonyoung, and she wanted to do everything to get rid of the latter's pain.

little did she know that she's the reason behind it.

and that urged her to do something. hinatak ni yujin si wonyoung ng mahinahon, at pumasok na silang dalawa sa loob. nakatayo lang si yujin, at umupo naman si wonyoung agad.

wonyoung's hands covered her face, and her sobs turned into cries.

"Y-Yujin."

napahinto naman si yujin.

"Hey, look at me," yujin kneeled in front of wonyoung, and held her chin up. "Please don't cry."

and yujin didn't like these mixed feelings that is blooming in her heart- the unexplained feelings of guilt, pain, and sadness.

but she's eager to change that, together with wonyoung's pain.

so she gazed at her intently, waiting for wonyoung to speak.

"B-Bakit mo ako pinapatahan?" eh ikaw mga yung dahilan, she badly wanted to say that too.

"Ayokong nakikita kitang nasasaktan, Wonyoung." sagot ni yujin.

wonyoung bitterly scoffed, as she used her thumb to wipe her tears off.

"Deretsuhin mo na nga ako. Wag mo na ako lokohin, please lang."

yujin held both of wonyoung's hands, and the latter felt the throbbing of her heart once again- and she hates this feeling.

"Wonyoung, hindi kita niloloko. At gusto ko rin talagang kausapin ka."