narr-74-ation

third-person point of view

takbo, wonyoung. takbo.

tanging 'yon lang ang kanyang naisip.

to avoid the person she loves.

and to run away from everything she has.

hindi na niya namalayan na dinala na siya ng kanyang mga paa sa tapat ng kanilang bahay. umiiyak, pumasok siya sa loob at tila bang napaluhod. tightly gripping her knees, while her tears started coming out of her eyes.

she thought she couldn't be more pathetic than this.

dahil hanggang ngayon, iniisip niya pa rin na, baka may tsansa pa.

na baka may tsansa pang ibalik ang lahat. at ulitin ang lahat.

she struggled to keep herself steady para umakyat papuntang kwarto niya. she couldn't let her parents see her wrecked state. still struggling, her thoughts continued to mess up around her head like a circus. she was anxious, scared that she might've gone crazy.

because after all, she is still after the possibility of having something.

something between them.

kasi kahit na lagi siyang naging second choice, back-up, the bestfriend, she was happy.

because for a while, she knew she finally means something.

she finally has a purpose.

lying on her back, she continued to stare at her dull wall.

flashbacks and memories came across her thoughts, occupying her as a whole.

thinking back, she realized that was a lot more special than she thought she was.

iyon yung nakilala niya si yujin.

the latter treated her like she was different.

she made her feel important. needed. like she was the only thing to ever exist.

at least, for wonyoung.

kasi baka nga, it's not the case.

maybe she's too self-centered, na baka binigyan niya ng meaning ang lahat.

because if she was so important, bakit siya pa rin ang naging second choice?

taga-salo ng bawat sakit? taga-ayos ng nasira? taga-tanggap kahit wala?

at baka totoo nga talaga.

that she assumed too much. she expected too much.

even though she knows she'll never be someone to her.

katulad nung nangyari kanina. she knows that yujin only retorted to her because something may or would have happened between minjoo and her.

or maybe, just maybe, yujin finally realized she really loves her.

but even though she wants her with all of her might, she just can't. kasi malabo.

"Jang Wonyoung, is that your name?" a tall, middle-aged woman asked. it was yujin's mother.

"Opo."

she knows either one of them messed something up. yujin's mother won't personally meet her if not.

stunned, she had her mouth slightly opened, and slightly trembling. completely forgetting to let the woman in.

'ay, oo nga pala.'

"Pasok po kayo."

the woman smiled, and proceeded to sit at one of their couches. umupo na rin si wonyoung sa harapan niya, at nagsimulang magtanong.

"Bakit po kayo napadaan dito?"

"I'll be straightforward, okay?" the younger girl nodded, to let her continue. "Layuan mo yung anak ko."

the girl thought everything has stopped.

due to the shock, her tears welled up in her eyes, thinking that it was absolutely absurd.

"B-Bakit po? W-Wala naman po akong ginawa-"

"She doesn't like you, okay? I think you're jumping into conclusions kaya mo kinokonbinsi yung anak ko. Am I right? Are you really begging her to be with you?"

"H-Hindi po, h-hindi po totoo yun."

"Good, because I do not want her to be with you. She's keeps on rambling about you, about how she wants to be with you instead, but I know that it's only an excuse. I actually pity you. She's still the same, always making you as an excuse," she paused, internally smiling at the sight of the quiet weeping of the girl. "So leave her alone, alright?"

"If you don't, you and your family's at stake. We only want the best for our daughter, and that includes having to marry a competent child of a competent family."

the woman stood up, heading towards the door. "I'll take my leave. I hope you do your best."

and wonyoung was left there, in heavy tears and in shock.

that happened way before this day. she tried to act normal, to somehow pretend that everything is fine.

kahit na sinampal lang sakaniya na hindi siya karapat-dapat. na hindi talaga siya nararapat para sa taong mahal niya.

even so, she chose to believe the woman's words. she knows it's the truth anyway.

kasi yung mga ngiti, mga tawa at mga panahon na magkasama sila ni yujin, walang laban sa pinagsamahan nila ni minjoo.

nagkaroon ng sila. mayroong sila.

mas maiintindihan nila ang isa't isa. besides, they're almost the same. magagaling, matataas. hanggang lupa lang siya kumpara sakanila.

at mas importante at mas may saysay kung pipiliin ni yujin si minjoo.

si minjoo, mas mayaman, mas magaling, mas maganda. alam niyang wala siya kumpara sakaniya.

and now, even all of her feelings and her will to have her is still, and will forever be there,

she chose to finally let go.

-

n o t e

this chapter didn't probably meet your expectations considering na i've been on hiatus for months,, jJSJDBJ sorry talaga hehe ngayon lang ako nagkaroon ng inspirasyon at ng sipag KAJSKSJ