81

Talia's POV

"Alright baby." I say and finish tying up Lanie's cleats. "You ready to go trick or treating?"

"Yeah." Lanie says and nods her head.

Last night we beat Panama in the semi-final of World Cup qualifying so we've qualified for the 2023 World Cup and now we just have to play Canada in the finals to see who wins the tournament.

Tonight is Halloween and since the national team and national team staff is occupying every room of our floor I'm taking Lanie trick or treating. Everyone is also wearing costume's and after Lanie is done trick or treating we are having a halloween party in Julie, Lanie, and I's room since we have the biggest room.

"Mama where's Mommy?" Lanie ask.

"Here I am princess." Julie says and comes out of the bathroom.

"Holy shit." I whisper when I see my girlfriend in her very realistic and extremely tight Captain Marvel costume.

"Mommy your so pretty." Lanie says and hugs Julie's legs.

"Thank you baby." Julie says then she bends down and hugs Lanie properly.

I'm so happy my girlfriend and my daughter are so close.

"Doesn't Mommy look pretty Mama?" Lanie questions and looks at me.

"She looks absolutely beautiful." I say causing Julie to blush.

"You look pretty too Mama." Lanie says and hugs my leg.

"Thank you Lanie." I say and run my fingers through my daughter's blonde hair.

Lanie chose my costume and she chose Wonder Woman so I bought the most realistic Wonder Woman suit I could find and now I look exactly like Gal Gadot did......Except with blonde hair.

"You ready to go get some candy?" I ask.

Lanie nods rapidly causing Julie and I to laugh as I grab my phone and key card then we leave the room. Once in the hallway Lanie knocks on the first door then we wait.

"Trick or Treat." Lanie says when Tobin and Christen open their door.

"Here ya go sweetie." Tobin says and puts the candy in Lanie's jack-o'-lantern bucket.

"Aww." Christen says when she see's who Lanie is dressed as. "Where's my phone? I gotta take a picture of this."

Lanie wanted to dress as Christen so I got her a kids uniform with Christen's name and number on it, kids shorts with Christen's number on it, kids uniform socks, and Christen's exact cleats just in kids size.

When Christen finds her phone she comes back into the hall, hands her phone to Tobin, then she squats down next to my daughter so they can take a picture.

"Have fun Sweetie." Christen says then she kisses Lanie's cheek. "We'll see you at the party."

"What do you say?" I question and tap Lanie's shoulder.

"Thank you." Lanie says and smiles at the married couple.

"No problem sweetie." Tobin says. "Have fun."

Christen and Tobin head back into their room to finish getting ready so Lanie, Julie and I continue trick or treating.

An hour later Lanie's bucket is full of Candy so we head back to our room and get ready for the Halloween party. Eventually everyone arrives as Lanie, Julie and I finish prepping the party.

"Lanie Can you take Mommy to go get ice?" I ask and my daughter nods.

"Let's go Mommy." Lanie says then she and Julie leave the room to get ice.

"Alright." I say then look at everybody. "First off thank you for dressing up and helping Lanie have a good halloween."

"Who doesn't love to dress up?" Kelley says with a smile as she looks at her wife.

Kelley dressed up as, in her words, a sexy cop and Alex dressed up as, in Kelley's words, a sexy prisoner.

"Secondly." I say. "I do have beers for you all to drink as well as the normal stuff, but please don't get drunk. I don't need Lanie get scared because one of her aunts got a little to lit and tried to scare her."

"Kelley." Ash says as she coughs.

"Excuse you." Kelley says and sticks her tongue out at the keeper.

"I mean she's not wrong." Alex mumbles.

"Mama we have ice now." Lanie says as she comes into the room carrying the smaller ice bucket while Julie carries a small cooler.

"Thank you baby girl." I say then put the ice bucker on the counter.

Once that's done I pick my daughter up and ask what she wants to eat then we get our food and eat with Julie. After Lanie's eaten she takes her trash to the trash can then she starts ropes some of the girls into dancing with her.

Julie and I stay seated in our love seat and talk to each other.

While my soulmate and I are talking I feel my phone vibrating so I check it and see its a new notification from instagram so I check it.

"Aww." I say.

"What?" Julie says then I show her the phone. "Aww."

Christen put the picture of her and Lanie up on instagram with the caption 'I think I may need to go blonde if I look as cute as Lanie does in my kit.'

"I'm really glad the girls love Lanie." I say as I watch my daughter dance with the girls.

"What's not to love?" Julie rehotorically questions. "Everyone loves you so obviously they're gonna love your mini-me."

"Do you think I'm a good Mom?"

"I do." Julie says.

"Even though I have to have you pay for a lot of things?"

"Talia I'm your soulmate." Julie says. "You and I are always going to be together which means that I will always see Lanie as my daughter. If I have to pay for a few things until you get the contract you deserve then I will gladly do that. And when you get the contract you deserve then you and I will still pay for things Lanie needs."

"Do you think she's doing better considering what she saw back in March?" I ask.

"I think so." Julie says. "Laura says she's doing a lot better in her therapy sessions."

"Good." I say. "I know I saw the thing involving my parents, but I was 18. I can't imagine seeing what Lanie saw at four year olds."

"She'll bounce back." Julie says then she looks at me. "She's got you to look up to and she's got you to lean on. Plus she's a Martin and Martin's kick ass"