23

Talia's POV

"Thank you and have a nice day"

"Thanks." I say and grab my purchase then I leave the gas station.

I walk the 100 feet back to the hotel then I head up to my room and set my 6 pack on the bedside table. I then sit down on the bed and crack open my first beer.

"Ah." I say then look at the bottle. "Still taste like shit."

I then bring the bottle toward my mouth.

"But it's shit I need for today."

"Talia?" I hear someone say 3 beer later.

"Hi." I say and keep my eyes on the tv.

"Are you drinking?" I hear Becky question so I reach over and grab an unopened beer.

"Wanna beer?" I ask and hold it out to the four women standing at the foot of my bed.

"Talia you're not old enough to buy alcohol." Kelley says.

"Yes I am." I say then take a drink.

"You're not twenty one."

"Check the date." I say

"May 29th." Amy mumbles.

"Shit." Christen says as I take another drink.

"My birthday was the during pre-season." I say. "April 5th."

"And we forgot it." Kelley mumbles as I crack open another beer.

"I'm sorry we forgot Talia." Becky says as she takes my beers from me.

"Who cares." I say. "It's just another fucking day in the year."

"Okay you need to stop." Christen says and grabs the beer from my hand.

"Mine." I say then grab the beer back and chug it. "Okay I'm done."

Becky grabs the last beer and hands it to Kelley who goes to the bathroom and pours it down the toilet.

"Come on." Christen says and pulls me to my feet. "Brush your teeth."

"Okay." I mumble then walk into the bathroom and do as told.

"Good." Christen says after I finish then she pats the bed. "Sit."

I shuffle over to the bed then sit down.

"Now why are you drinking?" Kelley asks.

"Oh my god." Amy says and facepalms. "We're such shit friends."

"Why?" Becky questions.

"What happened a year ago?" Amy asks.

"Fuck." Christen says and brings me into her arms. "I'm so sorry Freckles."

"It's okay." I admit. "I don't really like talking about my parents death."

"Is that why?" Kelley asks and motions to the empty beer bottles.

"Yeah...can we talk about something else?"

"Of course...but if you drink like this the day before game day again and I will beat your ass...understand" Kelley warns.

"Yes Ma'am." I say.

"Good." Kelley says and opens her arms. "Now come cuddle."

I smile at the red head then go sit next to her and let her cuddle into me.

"Come on." I say and open my free arm when I see Christen looking at me. "You know you want to."

"Yay." Christen says and cuddles into my side.

"Looks like it's you and me Becky." Amy says then the two women get comfortable.

"Oh no." Kelley says.

"What?" Becky asks.

"I just realized we're playing the Dash tomorrow."

"Yeah...and?" Amy says

"That means we're playing Rachel Daly." Kelley says.

"Oh shit." Christen says then everyone looks at me.

"Tomorrow's going to be very entertaining." I say with a smirk.

- - - - -

"Don't cause too many problems today." Becky says as the back line walk to our positions.

"Honestly no promises." I admit.

"Wait what's going on?" Corsie asks.

"Daly hurt Talia's girlfriend during SheBelieves and now Talia's out for revenge." Kelley says then we all start walking to our positions.

"Bitch better watch out." I say as Houston kick off the game.

The first half of the game goes rather smoothly and nothing really happens, but the second half is a lot more chippy.

In the 55th minute we get a goal kick so Christiane quickly takes it and kicks the ball to me so I trap it then walk up field. Ohai runs at me so I pass to Jessie who then passes to Amy. Amy then passes quickly to Christen, who's streaking up field, but after the ball leaves Amy's foot, Daly decides to take Amy's feet out from under her.

Amy gets off the ground and gets in Daly's face so I run over and put myself between my teammate and the Englishwoman. 

"Come on." I say and lead Amy away.

"Talia I can handle myself." Amy angrily says.

"I know you can, but I'd rather you let me get the yellow card so you can remain on the field and score goals."

"Fine." Amy mumbles as we watch Daly get a yellow.

We are given a free kick so I walk over to the ball and stand behind it while everyone gets set up. When the whistle blows I send a cross towards the box and Gunny jumps up and heads the ball into the back of the net making the score 1-0.

"GUNNY." I shout as I walk back to my position.

The Icelander looks at me so I give her a thumbs up which she returns right as Houston restart the game.

In the 75th minute Amber Brooks passes the ball to Christine Nairn who then passes the ball to Rachel Daly.

Right as the ball gets to Daly's feet I slide tackle her and when I get up I purposefully step on her and ankle then I twist.

"FUCK." Daly yells then she grabs her ankle as I back away.

"YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE." Kristie Mewis shouts as she gets in my face.

"Pipe down pipsqueak." I say and move away from Kristie.

I then walk over to Rachel and stand over her then I put my hand over my mouth so the camera's can't see what I'm saying.

"Hurt my girl again and see what happens." I angrily say then I'm pulled away by Corsie.

As Rachel is being tended to she looks at me so I smirk at her and wink.

"How is that not a yellow?" I hear Kealia Ohai ask.

"Was it obvious?" I mumble.

"A little." Corsie says. "But that's only because I knew you were going to do it."

"Talia your number is up." Becky says.

"See ya." I say and walk off the field.

I hug Michelle then I walk with Laura towards the bench.

"Remind me not to get on your bad side." Laura says.

"She's lucky the ref was watching." I say. "Otherwise I would've broke her nose."