6

Talia's POV

"Here we are." I say and walk into our dinner place

"It smells so good." Pinoe says as the owner comes out.

"Hey Uncle Vito." I say and hug him.

"How are you my little star?"

"I'm doing good."

"TALI." A little voice says.

I look around my uncle and see my little cousin running up to me.

"Lanie" I say and squat down so my cousin, Lanie, can run into my arms.

Lanie's real first name is Elena, but everyone calls her Lanie.

"What you doing here?" Lanie asks as I pick her up and rest her on my hip.

"I'm eating with some friends." I say then kiss her nose. "I missed you."

"Missed you too." Lanie says then she looks behind me. "Your friends with them?"

Lanie is a HUGE national team fan.

"I'm on the national team sweetie." I say and walk towards the team.

"Really?"

"Yep." I say as we get to the team. "Everyone this is your biggest fan Lanie... Lanie...well you know who they are."

"Hi." Lanie shyly says then she looks back at her dad.

"Welcome to Vito's." Uncle Vito says. "Sit anywhere you want and we'll be out to get your order in a minute."

Vito moves the tables into one long table so I let Lanie down then she runs back into the kitchen. I then sit in-between Christen and Julie while Alex, Kelley, and Becky sit across from us. A few minutes later Uncle Vito comes out and takes everyone's order then he disappears into the kitchen

My uncle comes out with our drinks a few minutes later.

"Uncle Vito." I say and wave him over after he's done.

My uncle comes over and the two of us talk for a minute then he goes back to check on the food.

"Can you get the teams attention?" I whisper to Kelley.

"TALIA HAS SOMETHING TO SAY." Kelley shouts then everyone looks at me.

"Um my uncle said all of you can leave your purchases here then we can get them after the game. He has to do bills and inventory tonight so he will be here until after the game."

"Sweet." Becky says as our food comes out of the kitchen.

All of us eat our food and talk amongst ourselves for close to two hours then once we're done we pay put our purchases in a safe place before we head to MSG. Once we get to the Garden we are lead inside and up to our suite that someone got for us. When we get to the suite all of us get drinks and snacks then we sit down.

I sit down in the front row with Christen on my left and Julie on my right.

"That girl over there keeps staring at you." Julie says.

"Who?" I ask then Julie points the girl out. "Oh. I know her."

"Who is she?" Mal asks.

"A girl I went to High school with."

"Why does she look like she wants to devour you?" Moe asks.

"We fooled around a bit one summer then I broke it off."

"Why'd you break it off?" Alex asks from the row above me.

"She's a pillow princess and that shit got real old real quick."

"What's a pillow princess?" Rose asks.

"Someone who only likes to receive and never gives."

"Oh."

"Bitch." Julie mumbles as the girl from high school waves at me while biting her lip.

"Wait so you never...you know..with her?" Christen asks.

"No she always feel asleep right after."

"So what did you do?" Kelley asks from the row above me.

"I called the girl next to her." I say.

"And who is that girl?"

"Her best friend."

"Game's about to start." Becky says.

I look towards the ice and sure enough the ref drops the puck and the game begins.

The the first period is a bit boring with nothing really happening so after I've gotten a new drink and gone to the bathroom, I talk to my soulmate and we get to know each other more.

"So what position did you play?" Julie asks midway through the second period.

"Goalie and Center." I say.

"What's the center?" Mal asks.

"They player who does the face offs to start every period and after every goal."

"Ah."

I look towards the ice just as a San Jose player fly's into the New York half. The player skates towards net, but he can't control his speed and he ends up crashing into the goal. The strongest Ranger player on the ice skates over to the San Jose player then they start fighting.

"FUCK 'EM UP." I shout then everyone stands up to get a better view.

The Rangers play hits the San Jose player with one punch to the face then the San Jose player falls to the ice.

"Well that was fast."

"Why did they fight?" Christen asks.

"The San Jose player hit the goalie so the strongest guy on the New York Rangers team decided to beat him up...Basically just protecting the goalie."

"Oh."

All of us sit down and watch the game continue, but during the third period I notice Julie shiver.

"Are you cold?" I whisper.

"My ears are cold." Julie says.

"Do you want this?" I ask and hold out my beanie.

"Do you need it?"

"Nope." I say. "And if I do then I have a hood."

"Okay." Julie says and smiles at me.

I hand the beautiful blonde the beanie then she puts it on.

"Yeah it looks better on you." I say.

Julie smiles at me then Moe starts talking to her so I focus on the game.

As I'm watching the game I feel a hand rubbing my arm so I subtly look over and see Julie sliding her hand up my arm. Right before Julie reaches my hand I turn my hand over so it's palm up then I look at Julie. Julie smiles at me and intertwines our hand then she leans her head on my shoulder.

Huh.

This feels nice.

"I thought you'd be more excited." Christen says after the Rangers Finally score.

"Julie's asleep." I say and gesture to the woman asleep on my shoulder while holding my hand. "I don't wanna wake her up."

"Aww."

The third period ends shortly after which is good because it means the Rangers win 1-0. It also means it's time to leave."

"Julie stand up and I'll carry you" I say.

Julie releases my hand and leans her head off my shoulder so I stand up then Julie stands up, jumps on my back, and wraps her legs around me. My soulmate then wraps her arms around me so I start following the group out of Madison Square Garden. Once out of the Garden I lead everyone back over to Uncle Vito's restaurant where we pick up our purchases from the day then call Ubers that take us back to the hotel.