35

Talia's POV

"Uh oh." I say as we stand on top of a cliff.

"She's freaking out." Becky says as we look down at Julie who's stopped moving.

NBC is trying to garner more attention for the newer events so Team USA volunteered us to try out sports climbing. More specifically the bouldering part of the competition.

We aren't even doing the course set out for the competition. We're on some random cliff."

Everyone already climbed up the cliff and know where heading back down.

"Do you have another rope I can use?" I ask.

"Yeah." One of the USA climbers says then she gets out the rope and attaches it to the anchor thingy.

Once the rope is attached the USA climber comes back to the edge of the cliff and throws the rope down

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Julie yells as the rope passes by her.

"It was just Kelley." Alex says. "She's breaking wind again."

"I resent that." Kelley mumbles.

"Alright you're good to go." The USA climber says.

I nod and let the climbing lady hook me then I begin belaying down the cliff.

"Hey princess." I say with a smile when I get down to Julie.

"Hi." Julie says and I notice her eyes are close.

"Baby look at me." I say and Julie shakes her head. "come on...let me see those eyes I love."

Julie takes a deep breath then she looks at me.

"There they are." I say with a smile.

"I'm scared." Julie whispers.

"That's okay." I say. "We'll do it together okay?"

"Okay."

"Alright." I say then squeeze Julie's hand.

The two of us slowly belay down the cliff until we're on the ground.

"Thanks." Julie says and hugs me.

"Of course." I say and peck her lips. "So where are we going for dinner tonight?"

- - - - -

"Hopefully this half goes better." I say as Christen and I stand at midfield getting ready to kickoff the second half.

We're playing Chile in our opening match of the Olympics and Christiane is once again playing out of her mind...We're also not playing so well.

"It better." Christen says as I cover my mouth so the Chileans can't read my mouth.

"Are we trying what we did in training?" I ask and Christen nods.

I nod then move outside of the circle as the rest of the girls, except Kelley, get on the line to run into the Chilean half.

Once the whistle blows, Christen rolls the ball back to me then she takes off with the rest of the team into the Chilean half. While the ball rolls to me I look at the team and see I have a couple options that could result in a goal. I look down at the ball and as it gets to me I pull my left foot back then slam my foot into it. The ball flies over everyone and drops directly in Tobin's path.

As the ball drops in front of Tobin she puts her laces through the ball and volley's it past Christiane making the score 1-0 in the 45th minute.

"IT WORKED AGAIN." Kelley shouts and hugs me.