Chapter 17 - Be Mine

The rest of the night was just Maze and I laughing and giggling at hilarious Facebook posts after watched the movie. The night wasn’t really eventful, it was fun, yes, but there wasn’t much to it. We went to sleep at about midnight or something close to that.

*

After the “girl’s night” I had with Maze, I had been feeling better. The Mason thing still bothered me, but not as much. I still missed him; I haven’t seen him since…forever. It was bothering me I missed him, but I didn’t want to go see him. 

            Right now, I was in bed looking up at the ceiling with nothing to do. I was going to call Maze for a sleep over to cure my boredom, but she was apparently on a date with Aron. Sometimes I wished that they weren’t together. I missed my old Mazey! The one who despised boys!

            Suddenly, the doorbell from downstairs rang and I quickly rushed down. Maybe it was Maze? Maybe she was done with the date? Or maybe she decided to break up with Aron? Nope, never would she do that. She loved him too much.

            I opened the door to reveal Mason, holding a bouquet of roses. My eyes widen and I slammed the door shut, locking it. Crap! What the hell was he doing here? I thought he didn’t want me to be around anymore, I thought he didn’t want me to be with him. I thought…he wanted me to forget.

            “I just saw you, Izzy, don’t act like I didn’t. I’m here to make it up to you. Look I’m really sorry about what happened between us that day, but can we just forget that ever happened and come with me?” Forget that ever happened. Just like what he said last time.

            “Mason, there is no us anymore. Ever since that kiss and that stupid dumb phrase “forget it” we were never us. We never were us…” it pained me so much to say it, but it was the truth. He didn’t like me…but I loved him. That’s the thing I couldn’t escape from. The fact that I’m in love with my best friend.

            “Let me have this one chance. Let me take you out, for tonight only. Then you can decide whether you want to go and break this friendship, or stay with me,” I swallowed a lump that was in my throat. I was never one to take risky chances, but this one…I’m probably willing to take.

            “Fine, we’ll go,” I said as I closed my eyes and opened them. I swear I could have heard the corners of Mason’s mouth tug up. I grabbed the doorknob and opened it up. Mason was dressed in his casual white T and some random pair of jeans. He was also wearing a black hoodie that I saw really frequently. I didn’t really mind since I was dressed in the same thing, but in a blue T.

            “We don’t look too bad,” he said. “In fact, we look really similar like we were meant to be,” I wish you thought like that everyday, I thought in my head. I crossed my arms as the air blew coldly. It wasn’t common for it to be cold where I live, but when it was, it was cold without any warmth.

            Mason gave me the bouquet of roses, which I accepted with a bright smile. I think this night was going somewhere good. I climbed into Mason’s car that was parked right in front of my house and we rushed on.

            “Mind telling me where we’re going?” I asked him. Mason just smiled as his hand reached out to ruffle my hair.

            “It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you, now would it?” he kept his eyes on the road the whole entire time he spoke the sentence. I rolled my eyes. How cliché can this guy get? That line was so overused, at least in movies.

            “And that would be the thousand time I’ve heard that line.”

            “Fine…I’ll change the wording. Hmm…this is going to be a surprise, so keep that little hole of yours shut so I can keep it a surprise until we get there. Now weedle baby, you undwerstwand?” Mason spoke in a childish voice, making me giggle.

            “How hilarious. I haven’t seen the, oh, so, amazing Mason speak in a childish voice before. To be honest, it is pretty cute for a guy like you,” Mason rolled his eyes as he drove.            

            “Open some music.”

            “Oh! I get to choose the music today! Yes! Unlike last time, you were being a big butthole,” my hand moved to my phone and opened up some songs. I didn’t want to open the radio since all the songs were too overheard and pretty much every song I hear was basically everywhere. I was starting to get annoyed with all this.

            The first song that came up was Baby Blue Eyes by Rocket To The Moon. It was one of my favorite songs currently and I just love it. The song played through the car and we reached our destination in about 10 minutes. Before reaching it, Mason made me hold my hands over my eyes so I couldn’t see what he called “the beauty of nature”.

            “We’re here. You can open your eyes now,” I opened my eyes and saw the bright shining night sky full of stars. We were in a grassy meadow in the middle of nowhere, and it was just beautiful. I guess the term “the beauty of nature” Mason used to describe was so…true.

            Mason lead me out of the car and to the meadow, the view was breath taking. I couldn’t help but take in a big breath of the flowers in the meadow. The smell seemed to be strong at this time. It smelled so good.

            “You like it, don’t you?” I nodded through my closed eyes.

            “I have never brought anyone here before. It’s just you,” that made me feel special. He had never brought anyone but me here.

            “The stars are beautiful, Mason…” I stared up at the stars. Mason went over to a tree and lay down on it. I lay down next to him looking at the stars. “Look there, it looks like a heart!” I looked over at Mason to see if he was looking, but he wasn’t, instead he was staring at me.

            “You’re prettier than any star up in the sky, Izzy. You’re more than they will ever be,” Mason said to me. I had no words. Tingles filled my stomach and I felt different. I didn’t want this feeling to stop. I liked it. It wasn’t like any other.

            “Mason, I think I love you,” Mason smashed his lips into mine before I could finish my sentence. I instantly reacted. His warm lips on mine as my hand wrapped around his neck tugging his hair, his arms curled around my waist and pulled my closer to his chest.

            “I think I’m in love with you, Izzy. And this feeling won’t stop growing,” he huskily whispered as he leaned his forehead against mine and pulled his lips away. I was craving more of his lips, but being this close to him was enough.

            I stared into his eyes and he stared into mine. I could feel the heat from his body and his heart beat fast. His breath wasn’t slow and steady it was fast and unstable.

            “I want you. Be mine forever?”

((((-.-))))

hey guys, i know i haven't undated in so freaking long, but here's a chapter. i made it cute just for you guys. i'm sorry if it's really bad, but i haven't written this story in a long time, so yeah. 

this is dedicated to RedTigerSkittes16 because she was the one who motivated me to write this chapter. If it wasn't for her, this fluffy chapter probably wouldn't exist. So thank you so much. 

i really hope you guys have/had a good day. if you didn't, then remember there's always tomorrow coming. 

frum, Cindy