Chapter 16 - What? Why?

Chapter 16

It’s been about 4 days since Mason got beat up. He’s been ignoring me ever since the whole ‘forget it’ thing. I’ve just been hanging out with Maze ever since and she seems to be complaining about everything every second. I don’t know what Mason has been up to but I really don’t care right now.

            Today, Maze arranged for me to go to her house and we will have sort of a girl’s night kind of thing. She asked for me to bring lots of snacks and she’s gonna pick out some songs that we will be listening and jamming to for tonight. Today is going to be fun!

            I bought some skittles, lays, doritos, mars bars and many more chocolate products for us to enjoy and devour. I’m getting ready to go to Maze’s house. Just stuffing all the candies into the car and having a little nibble now and then. I got into the driver’s seat and drove off to Maze’s and arrived in a few minuets.

“Hey, Izzy! You finally got here! I almost thought you wouldn’t come. When I say come anytime, I mean at 7 o’clock straight, you know that!” she grinned and took the bags of goodies from my hand ad started digging looking for some chocolate bars. She finally found one and she instantly ripped the wrapper right off and ate the yummy chocolate contents inside.

            I walked up the second floor to Maze’s room. I slumped down onto the bed and just sat and relaxed while Maze plopped the bad of goodness onto the side of the bouncy bed.

            “What’s up?” I asked her, cracking the silence as she plops down next to me.

            She pointed a finger up to the sky and answered with, “the roof.” I threw a red skittle into my mouth and chewed it up.

            “Roof, roof, roof. I’m a dog,” I randomly said as a reply to her roof.

            “Meow, meow. I’m a cat!”

            “What?” I asked, wanting to end this animal-ness.

            “What, what?”

            “What, what, what?”

            “What, what, what, what?”

            “Is this just gonna be a what talk?” she stopped what-ing and asked.

            “What? Maybe, maybe not,” I replied to her.

            “What?” she asked, confused.

            “And now you’re starting the what talk again.” I stated.

            “What? No!” she yelled.

            “There you go saying what.” I told her.

            “You said what too!”

            “And you also said it.” I crossed my arms and thought to myself, this is gonna be a long what war.

            “You didn’t say what this time. Smart move.” She covered her mouth at her what.

            “This what-ing is getting really boring. Lets why.” I suggested and she nodded. I got a handful of skittles and funneled them into my mouth. I chewed it up, enjoying the taste of all the skittles combined.

            “Why are we why-ing?” she asked me.

            “I don’t know. This why-ing is making me start to get whiney.”