Chapter 25 (2)

I stood up and walked to Maze. "Maze, you know what he said wasn't true. It wasn't your fault, all right? Aron being in the hospital right now is definitely not your fault. You may have fought, but maybe the driver was drunk."

Maze nodded in understanding, sniffling as she blinked tears out. "It's okay, Izzy, go after Mason, he's going to need you right now more than I do."

"Are you sure?" I furrowed my eyebrows with concern. Maze nodded; grabbing one of my shoulders and turning me to the direction Mason went it.

I ran till there was a 2-way separation I looked at both and in the one on the left I saw a dead end, which Mason was sitting at the corner of. He had his head buried under his hands as he flinched without a stop. Slowly, I walked towards him, making sure I wasn't too loud. I slid down the wall beside Mason and bit my lip.

I wouldn't know the pain he was feeling right now. I was never that close to Aron, but it did hurt to know that my friend almost died, and it hurt even more to know that it was the cause of Mason's pain.

"Mason," I saw softly, putting my hand on his shoulder, but he flinched away. Hurt stuck me for a moment, but I knew that Mason was going through a bad time. Mason was probably hurting the most out of everyone right now. Being the closest to Aron (probably even closer than Maze) it probably hurt like hell to see his brother in a state where death was so close.

"You know, it's not Maze's fault that Aron is here."

He nods.

I bit my lip trying to think of what to say. "Mason –" he engulfing me in a hug, biting my shoulder as he cried, cutting off my sentence and leaving us in an awkward position. I said nothing but Mason seemed to be fine with it.

"Just be here. Don't say anything, just stay here."

For what seemed like hours, we sat there as I held him and he held me. I'm pretty sure that half of my shirt was wet, but it didn't matter cause Mason was in such a shit place that I cared about nothing more than him.

I heard Mason take in a deep breath before letting go of me. I was confused for a second, but leaned back so that I could see him. It hurt me to see how much he was hurt, with his puffy red eyes and red-dotted cheeks. I didn't like this feeling at all.

"Izzy," he said in a broken voice. I flinched.

"Mason."

Before I said his name there weren't any tears, but five tears rolled down after I said his name.

"When we were 7 Aron and I went swimming at our friend's house," he paused for a moment, breathing in deeply through his mouth. "Aron didn't dare to go into the pool. No one really understood why back then, but we kept on pushing him to go in, but," 6 tears slipped out. "He didn't. He kept on telling us that he couldn't swim, but we didn't care."

I reached for Mason's hand and squeezed it to comfort him. It seemed to work a little.

"All our friends went up and showered, but I stayed with Aron. I really wanted him to go into the pool. Gosh Izzy, how the fuck could I have been so stupid?" Mason leaned on my shoulder, but I guess he wasn't done talking. "I pushed him in. Izzy I pushed Aron into the pool. He nearly drowned because of me! I just stood there and watched his arms splashing the water everywhere and did nothing! Absolutely nothing!"

I bit the inside of my lip. What was I supposed to do? How do I comfort someone? I breathed in, I can't be panicking now, Mason is crying. I decided to take my hand that was holding his and warp it around his shoulders.

"Izzy, I could have done something tonight. What if I told them to not go on a date and double date with us? Aron wouldn't be here. If I wasn't with you, he wouldn't be here either."

I froze. What did he mean by 'if I wasn't with you'. Was that a subtle hint that he didn't want to be with me anymore?

"Mason, what did that mean?"

"What did what mean?"

"You said if I wasn't with you. Do you want to break up or something?"

There was a silence between us. I normally liked it when we could just be together like this, but right now I seemed so desperate to get Mason talking.

"It was an 'if' question, I wouldn't want to," he sniffled.

"But you thought it."

"But I didn't mean it."

"Not even a bit?"

Silence. I hated it.

"We should get back."

"Alright."

{{{{{-.-}}}}

Alright so...i maaaaay be back again. i was kind of sad writing this, it was like i had a frown the whole time xD anyyyywaaaayysss i'll update when i feel like it. lol that sounded so selfish, but like i'll try to update and try to actually like reaaaaly concentrate on writing again. 

And also i'm kind of working on this other thing? if that interests you.

<3 wuvs whoever is reading right now.