Chapter 26

Hello everyone! Happy New Year!!! It's been uhm, 3 years since I last updated? I kinda forgot...(I'm getting old) I apologies for the very long wait! Life has been tough for me-- ;_; But here it is! For the next chapter, it would be difficult for me to update regularly-- Also sorry there're none artwork here in this chapter!

=================================

The hall grew intense as soon as the eunuch announced the judging session ended. Both chefs stood side by side while waiting for the result to commence.

The eunuch unfolded the small scroll in his hands and his expression changed. "T-The result of this competition is..." His voice was trembling as he almost could not say it properly but tried to finish his sentence anyway, "Is a TIE!"

As much as everyone shocked with the result, Ruolan and Rong Heng were two times more. Both chefs faced at each other in confusion, could not believe what they just heard.

After what happened earlier during the match, it was unbelieveable the match ended a draw. For Lady Shu to be able to convince and changed the Emperor's resolute mind together with the detailed explanation about her dish, Rong Heng felt that the match result was a mistake. The male servant turned to the Emperor only to see his expression was solemn and composed, obviously his decision was already the final and never been a mistake.

A hint of small smile carved on the servant's face, accepting the result. Even though the result was a tie but in Rong Heng's mind, he knew he already lost to Lady Shu. Not by the flavour of the dish, but how she presented her dish. She had shown a great and stunning performance that was able to put her audience in awe, what was more a tie in the match? Rong Heng turned back to the lady and calmingly said, " Surprising is it? "

The lady nodded, her face still mixed with confusion and surprise."Yes... But why does it ended with a tie..?"

The Emperor, upon seeing their perplexed expressions, Xuan Yu knew the result has brought wonders to everyone. Without delaying he explained, "Both chefs had done their best to create such wonderful dishes. It was undeniable that both dishes gave different and unique taste. Therefore it was difficult to make judgement on each side. Although I have my own preferences on foods, but as Lady Shu stated earlier, anything personal should not be brought into a fair fight. After thinking deeply, I have come into conclusion and decided for both chefs reached a draw."

Ruolan was utterly speechless. In all honesty, he believed Rong Heng's skill was above him. Like, both of them certainly on a different level, yet, their dish able to reach draw. Just what in the world was in the Emperor's mind?

"Having able to fight someone talented like Lady Shu is servant Rong Heng's greatest pleasure. Even though the match was a tie, but he believes if we duel over the same dish, certainly Lady Shu will be the winner!" Rong Heng humbly complimented Ruolan.

The servant's praise made his cheeks turned into red, Ruolan quickly denied, "N-No way! Lady Shu is not as good as Servant Rong Heng! Even if she cook roasted duck, it would not mean she would surprass someone far more knowledgable in culinary such as servant Rong Heng.."

Rong Heng let out a soft helpless sigh and smiled, "Lady Shu compliment this servant too much. Rong Heng is just a servant doing his duty for His Majesty. Lady Shu did well earlier and this servant think she deserves a compliment."

Ruolan did not have reply for that, he just looked down shyly, accepting the compliment from the servant.

The match ended with a surprise however it was actually a good result for both side. At least in Shun Jun's opinion. He breathed out another relief sigh and smiled, "Personally, humble General think this result might be the best. Although His Majesty hated sweets, but under the lady's convince, he managed to judge the match fairly. As we all already aware, His Majesty is a person whom always been adamant to his decision. But I have never seen someone able to break his resolute mind. This change, although only a little but already able to shook everyone. It is such surprising yet a good thing, is it not, Third Prince?"