Chapter 16

Hello everyone, it's been a while. :'D The update is late since I'm extremely busy with life.*sighs* And yeah, the next update will be as slow as the current update. By the way, I've received lots of question regarding to Ruolan's hair colour. His real hair colour is platinum blonde, but he covered it with a black wig and never take it off since he entered the palace. Also, this chapter include something about cooking... I honestly have bit of knowledge in culinary, most of it are through research. I apologies in advance if I made mistakes. That's all, happy reading~ ^_^

=======================================

"Is it true that Imperial Brother is going to have dinner at the Imperial Harem court?" Xuan Yuan Rui curiously asked while leaning forward against the wooden table.

Xuan Yu was reading a document when he questioned him. He could not help but to froze for a moment. The Emperor slowly turned his head to the servant stood not far from them, giving him a cold stare. Rong Heng bowed his head in guilty.

Seeing his response, Xuan Yu knew he was the one spilling out the bean to the Third Prince. "Who gives you the privilege to spread my affair to this foolish brother?" He said irritatingly to Rong Heng and mercilessly pulled Xuan Yuan Rui's ear, ignoring the Third Prince cry while lecturing the servant. "You yourself understand well of how annoying this child can be when he began meddling into someone's business, yet you still dare telling him. Since when have you become this insolent?"

Xuan Yuan Rui saw the servant apologised and felt sorry for him. Rong Heng was not just a mere servant; he was the only male servant whom has been long served the Emperor since he was small so he knew best of his master's personal and non-personal affairs. Because of this fact, Xuan Yuan Rui used the servant to dig a little bit of Xuan Yu's secret. "Imperial Brother, Rong Heng did not do anything wrong! It was I forced him to speak— Waiyo!" Xuan Yuan Rui tried to stand for the servant but the pain in his ear held him from continuing speaking.

Xuan Yu twisted Xuan Yuan Rui's ear hard while giving him a chill stare, "Nevertheless, he still in fault for telling it. Even if you help him, it would be no use since I am going to punish you both!"

Xuan Yuan Rui still did not want to lose. "Right, even if Imperial Brother did not tell his darling brother, soon he will still found out! Not only will him, but everyone in the palace will know as well!"

"So?" Xuan Yu replied expressionlessly.

"So? That means it is no use for Imperial Brother to hide it from me! What is the point of hiding it when obviously all eyes can sees his doing? Not to mention, Imperial Brother frequently visits the Imperial Harem." He narrowed his eyes and gave Xuan Yu a silly smile, "Did Imperial Brother finally realises the fun being surrounded by women? Or perhaps he has found new 'techniques' to be practice on?"

Xuan Yu's face turned grimmer and pinched his ear even more. "Such vulgar talk, you must have learned that from the common folks. Are you not afraid of losing your tongue?"

"Waiyo! Hurt! Alright! Alright! I am in fault! Can Imperial Brother release my ear at once?" The Third Prince pleaded innocently.

Like he would just let it off easily. Since Xuan Yu never liked his attitude so much, he continued on pulling and twisted Xuan Yuan Rui's ear without mercy. Thus, in that tranquil autumn afternoon, the Imperial Study Room was filled with begs and pain screams...

*****

Including this time, it was the second time Ruolan had dinner with the Emperor. But the last time he was not alone. Tonight, the Emperor will personally come to his room to dine with him.