Chapter 14

I thought I would publish this next month on June. But hey, here it is! I ain't torturing you guys. ;'D I LOVE you all! *showers you with loves*

==================

Time went by in the blink of an eye. The landscape has change into the colours of rich burnt orange, reds, golden yellows and sludgy greens. The cool and comfortable breeze hit the trees, making the leaves waved and circling slowly before it fell onto the ground. It was most beautiful and tranquil scenery indeed, autumn has always been everyone's favourite season.

A small and yellowish leaf making its way through window into the huge and exquisite room, dancing freely in the air until it landed on a limpid water surface. It made a small circle of waves in the cold tea. Its owner has not touched it since it served hot and seemed to forget about its existence.

A handsome and tall man draped in black cloth could be seen standing in the Imperial Study room. Rong Heng saw the little leaf in the tea then went beside the table to take the tea cup, "Your servant will bring another tea for His Majesty." Even without the Emperor's reply, the servant made a humble gesture before he excused himself.

After a while, Rong Heng came back with a tray of tea and some decorated cakes with him then served it, "Your Majesty skipped breakfast this morning, please eat a little."

The man in dragon robes replied his servant with a short 'mhm' then continued doing his work. He has been reading and writing documents since morning court ended. Rong Heng heaved a small sigh. The servant was about to go back to his spot when suddenly he heard the other man sneezed. Rong Heng took the hanged robe then wrapped it around his master, "The temperature is a bit cold, Your Majesty might catch a cold."

Xuan Yu stared dully at his servant for moment then changed his gaze back to the document before him.

Before his servant retreated to his spot, he commented, "Your Majesty did not have enough sleep lately and clearly it is not good for his sacred body. If the Emperor falls sick, the whole nation will be in chaos. Hence, your servant pleads for Your Majesty to take care of his health."

Xuan Yu was sharp enough to understand the point hinted in his servant words then glared at him from the corner of his eyes. Rong Heng shut his lips, after giving a light bow; he went back to his spot where he stood earlier.

Even if Xuan Yu managed to shut his servant, but he cannot deny the fact that his servant words was right. Lately he has been visiting the Imperial Harem court to release his inner desire. It was indeed strange for him to frequently visiting his concubines, which was a rare occasion. In all honesty, Xuan Yu surprised with himself. Even though he had deflowered countless of beauties and had the pleasures he wanted, but for some reason he felt it was not enough.

An image of a woman appeared in his mind out of the blue. A woman who was not afraid of death to fall upon her, the one and only female he had encountered to have the audacity to refuse him so far. The last time they met, Xuan Yu only successfully conquered half of her. But that was only because of the 'carrot and stick' method he finally be able to approach her in such way. Naturally, he would already own her fully if she behaved like other concubine.

He was the Emperor, a man above all that was feared and respected by all. He ascended the throne since fourteen and declared to be the second youngest Emperor in Kingdom He history. Xuan Yu was gifted with talents in swordplay, literature and an extraordinary beautiful face. A perfect man influenced with strong political power like him, who would dare to turn their back against him?

Originally, Xuan Yu could have used his power to kill her, or worse, banished her to the Cold Palace to lead a harsh and isolated life until her last breath.