Chapter 22

After been through the writer's block moment, my head suddenly blown with ideas and I'm able to finish this fast. I'm happy of myself lol *throws confetti* Anyhow, hope you enjoy your reading. :)

==========================

"No! Somebody—"

He was in a total disaster now. As his robes were torn layer by layer, Ruolan could not stop struggling and screamed his lungs out, hoping for someone to hear him.

His high-pitched voice annoyed the man and raised his hand on the lady again, "Quit screaming, bitch!"

PA!

Another red mark planted on the cheek. Ruolan realized the more he struggle for life, the more the man become violent. But he could not allow them to do whatever they want to him. He was alone now, he had to protect himself. If he could not do it, then he would not dare call himself a man.

"Stop this, you fool! Is this how you treat a lady??" Ruolan exclaimed. He no longer cared at the vulgar language he used.

"Shut up! If you do not want me to ruin your face, you better shut your mouth!" The bandit shouted angrily in Ruolan's face.

Ruolan tilted his head, avoiding the foul odour coming from the bandit's mouth. He replied begrudgingly in gritted teeth, "How can I shut my mouth when I am treated this way? Do you not have a wife? I am sure you yourself would not want your loved one to be treated like this!"

The bandit no longer could hold himself. He was so furious and threw a punch on the side of the lady's face.

Ruolan yelped in agony as blood ran out from the corner of his lips. The punch was far more painful than being slapped. But he did not care. If they were to kill him, it would be better to die than being humiliated by these bunches of shameless bastard.

He spit right in the bandit's face.

"You—!!"

Ruolan's lips curled up in disdain upon seeing the raging expression in the bandit's face. That bastard deserved it. Ruolan knew he would give him another blow thus he just closed his eyes, readily to accept whatever punches or slaps that might landed on his face.

Strangely, he had been closing his eyes for a moment but he did not feel any pain. What happened? Why did he not feel anything? Curious, he opened his eyes and found the bandit's hand was frozen by someone.

"Who are you?!" The bandit barked.

The man did not say anything but hit the bandit right in the face and was thrown to the side. The other men became panic as soon they saw their leader hit by the unknown man and hurriedly went to their brother's side.

Ruolan lying on the ground with widened eyes, his brain still could not process on the things that happened at the moment.

"Xiaofan, can you stand?"

He sat up right away when he heard the familiar voice. "Brother Jun?" Ruolan called in surprised. "How did you—"

"No time for question, are you alright?" Shun Jun asked desperately but hinted with worries.

Ruolan nodded, "I am alright..."

"Good, stay behind me."

By the time they was aware, those bandits already surrounded them. Ruolan felt chill down to his heart since they were greatly outnumbered, he worriedly tugged Shun Jun's sleeve, "Brother..."

"It is fine." Shun Jun stood there, prepared to fight.

The bandits surprised at the man's confidence but still prepared to attack him nonetheless. The leader hid behind those bandits and barked, "Arrogant dog, so you want to play hero in front of your lover, huh? Do you not realize how bad your situation now is??"