Chapter 9

His pair of greenish browned eyes opened as vision slowly came back to him. His eyes flickered up to his surrounding; all he could see was the dark stone wall and the dim light from the torch near him.

"Where is this place...?" The man whispered weakly.

The blurry vision gradually turned clear after several of blinks. Ruolan was fully awaken when suddenly he felt the cold air hit his fair skin and made his body shiver at once. Why is it so cold here...? He lowered his head only to find himself was completely without a single of thread in his body, along with his hands tied above his head. His eyes widen in shock when he found himself to be in a tragic state he never imagine would happen on him.

"What is happening? What is this place??" He said in terror.

After inspecting the place in quick glances, he found out that he was in a cold and dark dungeon. How did it happen? How did he get here? Who brought him here? He panicked, struggling to get his hands free.

However, all his movement halted when suddenly he heard the sound of metal made clang on the floor. A slender and dark figure could be seen walking towards him as the dim light from the torch gradually revealed its identity. The man did not wear his dragon robes today; instead it was simple and delicate silvery robes, his hair was tied up, leaving the rest loose and his face was beautiful and charming as ever. Just precisely like the first time he met him last spring...

 Just precisely like the first time he met him last spring

Except for the sword he held in his hand.

Why was the highly royal man came down to the fitly and dark dungeon? Do tell me not that... Ruolan gasped in horror. His secret has been found out by the Emperor?!

Suddenly his beautiful face turned dark and his eyes fiercely glowered at the man before him, the man was shaking greatly in anger. "You dare lie to the Emperor..."

Ruolan's face turned pale and trembled in fright to the man's fury expression. He was unable to say anything for he felt like his mouth has been sealed by an invisible hand, and his face was in horror as he watched the man slowly approached him.

Xuan Yu lifted the sword and pointed the sharp edge to the other man's neck. His eyes were deadly cold, there was no any flash of light in his dark pupils and completely revealed the intent to kill. "Liar... Liar must be punish...."

"Y-Your Majesty...!" The only words Ruolan could shout at the moment, tears flowed down to his cheeks and he was unable to think straight as fear has fully enveloped his mind. He knew it was a big crime for deceiving the Emperor. He knew the great crime he committed was unforgivable, and he knew well he deserved death as punishment. But... But deep in his heart, he was not ready to die!

The Emperor's expression was not least changed watching his frightened state, without mercy, he swung the sword then slashed it at the man before him heartlessly.

The moment when the cold and hard steel touched his skin was the very moment his eyes snapped open in a shock. Sweats and tears already dripping down his face and his heart were racing out of control. The first thing he did when he woke up was glancing to his surrounding and found out that he was no longer in the dark and cold dungeon. Ruolan immediately checked himself then heaved a relief sigh after he saw his clothes were still on him.