Chapter 21

Oh hey everyone, it's really been a while eh? Sorry to keep you waiting, as you know, writer's block is really something--- T_T Also, I didn't been productive lately so yeah, less drawing in this chapter. ^^; By the way, I've been thinking of re-read back all my chapters and correct all my past mistakes. Even though you all didn't mention it, but I know a lot of you confused why sometimes I used "her" on Ruolan. My writing is based on 3rd person POV, so the POV not only came from Ruolan, but sometimes from other characters as well. That's why sometimes I used the term "her" on Ruolan. I'm sorry if I made you all confuse, I'm still a beginner in writing so yeah... Expect lots of error from me. ^^; Aha, sorry for the rants! I hope you enjoy the chapter~ 

==========================

As usual, Ruolan only put up a simple dress and less make up on him. When he was all ready, Meng Yue and Hui Qing followed him until the court's gate to see him off. After Ruolan stepped out from the court, he saw Shun Jun knelt outside the gate, waiting for him. The man did not wear his military uniform today instead he wore his usual white robes, which the appearance Ruolan used to see.

Ruolan was greeted by an intent stare from the other man, causing him to feel uncomfortable under the long stare.

"Something wrong?" He asked nervously.

Shun Jun snapped from his pause straightaway. His lips crooked a smile as he gently shook his head, "It is nothing. The time has come and Lady Shu shall depart now."

Ruolan nodded then get into the carriage.

*****

Their carriage stopped after gone out halfway from the palace's gate. The market was not really far from and Shun Jun told Ruolan that they have to walk by then. This was to make sure no one know they were from the palace.

"By the way, since we are outside the palace, we should change the way we address at each other." Shun Jun suggested.

"Why?"

"It is to keep Lady Shu safe. People with ill intentions might take an advantage of Lady Shu if they know her identity."

"But they would not be able to do anything bad on me as long General Yong is here beside me." Ruolan looked up at the man, smilingly said, "So, what shall I address General Yong as?"

The man grinned as he heard the lady said those words. "Brother Jun is fine."

"Alright, brother Jun!" Ruolan clapped his hand happily. "Then brother Jun may call me Xiaofan."

As both of them made the agreement, they then proceed continuing their walk. The road gradually became crowded as they are getting near to the market. There were many people carried various of goods on their wooden cart and all of them were heading to the same location.

How long has it been since he went there? Ruolan became excited as soon he saw the same view he last seen. The lively market did not change at all. His excitement was so obvious that he randomly ran all over the places, leaving the other man behind without realizing.

Shun Jun stayed alerted to the lady as he followed her quick pace from behind. It would be bothersome to lose the lady in the crowds. "Xiaofan, please slow down."

Ruolan swirled to Shun Jun's direction and beamed, "Brother, look at these hairpins! They are all beautiful!"

Shun Jun glanced at the jewelleries arranged on the table. "Yes, they are," He nodded then leaned closer to Ruolan, "But do not forget that we are here for the things that Lady Shu need."

His reminder instantly washed Ruolan's excitement and cheerful expression away like poured by cold water.

Shun Jun almost lose himself when he saw the dispirited face painted in Ruolan's face. "Well, since we are already here, I did not forbid you to look at those things."