Chapter 7

Hello everyone, sorry for the late update! I've been busy with works hence I do not have the time to write and update this story! Anyhow, here's chapter 7, happy reading! *winks*

-------------

Ever since the first day Ruolan entered the palace, the Emperor never set his foot into the concubine's quarters. Now that His Majesty finally will show up tonight, this of course a golden opportunity for the concubines to stand out and do whatever they can to win the Dragon's attention. Well, of course Ruolan was not among those women whom craved to be in his favour since he was no woman. But because of his current situation, he could only helplessly follow the orders and join those concubines to dine with the Son of Heaven while prayed for the Emperor to not pay even a single attention on him.

Inside the dining hall, there were hundreds of beautiful women draped in rich and delicate robes, elegantly sitting in rows while eagerly waiting for the Emperor's arrival. Unfortunately for Ruolan, his seat was at the front row and not too far from the Dragon's table. Behind him, he could hear other women murmured to each other, curious about the Emperor's appearance.

"I wonder how the Emperor looks like. I hope he is a good looking man!"

"Do not get your expectation high, rumours said the Emperor is an ugly and a fat old man..."

"Really? A fat old man...?"

"Uh-un, I cannot imagine to be touch by an old man..."

"Me either. I remember back in my house, there was a fat man living in the next door. Whenever he walks, his belly will move and jiggling just like an egg yolk wiggled in a bowl..."

"Oh, then the Emperor's belly is like an egg yolk as well?"

Both women gasped with their faces looked at each other in horror. Meanwhile, Ruolan's face gradually turned pale upon hearing to their conversation. Before this day, he never thought nor interested to know about the Emperor's appearance, but, after eavesdropping to the conversation from the back, now he wondered on how exactly he looked like? Was the rumour right? Or was it not?

"Announcing for the arrival of His Majesty!"

Speaking of the devil. He came right at the time when Ruolan wondered about his appearance.

The loud and melodious voice announcing the Emperor's arrival instantly faded the chattering noises in the hall; everyone fell silent and stood, waiting for the honoured guest to enter the huge room. Anyone whom stood in the front rows was fortunate to be able to see clearly of the Emperor's face.

The moment when the Son of Heaven elegantly entered the hall, the vivid image of an old and fat Emperor they bore in their mind straight away swiped off like a shot, their jaw dropped and eyes widened in astonishment seeing the unearthly beauty before them. Such a beautiful man, dark pupils with phoenix eyes shape, neat, elegant, tall, and slender figure clothed in exquisite robes with embroideries, greatly granted his noble and heavenly aura that could make anyone fear and kneel before him.

All eyes and attention lies on the dazzling Emperor as he marched through the dining hall; his head was proudly held high, sparing not a single glance to the ladies in his surroundings. When he finally sat down on his seat, the whole people in that huge room bowed and greeted him: "Many blessing to Your Majesty!"

The Emperor solemnly responded to the greeting as he waved his hand. "Dispense with ceremony."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." The concubines sat down to their seat after showing their gratitude.

Since the very start when the Emperor appeared in the entrance until he sat in the dragon seat, Ruolan unable to cast his gaze away from the astounding monarch. He could not believe he was given another chance to see the person he wanted to meet the most again, the charming flutist he met in that beautiful and tranquil garden last spring. Ruolan never expect for the man whom made his heart entangled in the web of confuse feelings was actually someone blessed and ascended from above?