6. Can you remember what you felt when you first started writing? what did you feel?

Well, since I'm not completely sure when I started writing seriously, this question is pretty difficult to answer with confidence. However, as I'm sure every other person says when answering such a question; writing a story gives you the opportunity to live in another world for a brief period of time.

So, the reason I continued writing and dwelling in the adventure written on a piece of paper, was simply because the story in my head seemed more alluring than the story I was living. Because of this, writing started out as pretty relaxing, almost like meditation but with a lot more thinking.

7. What's your outside life like?

I'm currently studying for a degree and working on the side. I've just finished serving one year in the military and I dabble in martial arts during my free time.

8.where do you get your ideas from?

Oh boy, I mean where don't I get my ideas from.

Small, everyday encounters in my workday can trigger an idea for a whole damn story sometimes for me, although I tend to get my ideas from music, particularly through lyrics. Movies and obviously books often inspire my plotlines as well. Conversations and day to day social encounters tend to stir up some ideas in my head.

9. What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Living in a cold and sometimes gloomy climate makes me love the outdoors even more on those rare days when the weather is good. So, I love going on hikes and camping, especially with my dogs!

10. What does your family think about your writing?

I honestly think they just like seeing me do something that I love and am passionate about. And for that passion to be writing, I think my dad and uncles (who are authors themselves) are particularly excited about it.

11. What do you think makes a good story?

-A development in character, especially to the protagonist. I like to think that if there is no development, there is no story worth telling.

-A creative twist to the story that makes it unique. I personally do not like a predictable story. I only feel like I'm wasting my time if I can guess the outcome correctly after the first few chapters.

-An ending that leaves the reader with a lasting expression. A good story, to me, is a story that leaves me thinking and a story that can relate to me in some way. Remember, a story doesn't have to be realistic or plausible to be relatable;)

12. What's your favourite genre?

I switch my favourite genre up like I switch up my outfits throughout the days of the week. It all comes down to what I'm in the mood for that day. I love the thrill of an adventure novel, just as I love the unpredictable aspects of a good fantasy. I'm a sucker for a head-strong protagonist in a sci-fi, just as I adore the silly protagonist in comedy literature.

13. Do you write on wattpad or do you use software (like Microsoft word)?

In the beginning, I used Microsoft Word, but I've switched over to writing on Scrivener- which is a writing software made for storytelling with various writing tools to help construct the story. So far, I love it!

14. What's the hardest thing to write, for you and why?

Obviously, I would have the hardest time writing about a subject or a theme I'm not interested in. It leaves me demotivated with little to no capability to be creative. Being forced to write something, whether because the scene calls for it or because I'm being told to do it, definitely makes writing harder.

15. Do you work on an outline or just go with the flow?

So, I have this tendency to write specific scenarios and paragraphs with little to no context and then afterwards build a whole story around it (that's why I have so many different drafts and story ideas in my folder, but few finished stories, whoops.) So, one could say I pretty much go with the flow.

Recently I've been better at sketching out the plotline, knowing that going with the flow has a tendency to leave a lot of loose lines and paths uncrossed and forgotten. So, I'm working on becoming more focused on outlining and plan the whole story before I sit down and start writing. That way I don't end up confusing myself in the writing process.

16. Do you have anything specific you want to say to readers?

To the people who have read anything that I have written, and to the people that love reading in general, I hope you are able to develop with each protagonist you follow and live through in all these stories. It's so important, especially for you who are blessed enough to like to read, dream and engage in a different world than your own, that you learn from the message that the story is trying to tell.

Challenging your own way of thinking and opening up to different ways of living can be of such importance when developing your own personality and character. I really hope you have found yourself developing alongside those characters you know and love because I most certainly have.

17. And lastly, do you have any advice for new writers.

Write about something you like, and you will have come a long way. Interest and passion invite creativity, and creativity is key to a good story.

Don't force yourself to fit into anyone's standard and take criticism as a helpful writing tool to develop your writing. You can never be good enough, you will always be able to improve in writing, so learn to separate constructive criticism from your person to your writing. is

Live through your characters, learn from your characters and be proud that you can breathe life into a new personality that differs from your own. You did that, you created that- now complete it. I'm rooting for you to be the next big thing on the marked x

...

There you have it, Don't forget to vote, share and comment.