Chapter 21: Hi again..

Only three more days to go! I get to see the boys and we are going on our France trip then.

Bas and Andy have been keeping in contact a lot lately. It seems like as I put down the phone for one the other calls. I really miss them though. These last few months have flown by.

I'm still working with William. He is actually a very smart business man. He knows his stuff. We have become really good friends lately.

"Hey Leah, come look at these new designs" I walk over to William and we get to work on a new cover for next mo this issue of Stem.

"Wow, these are really good, the colours really pop. I do think it shouldn't be so symmetrical though, bring these images up and drop these, it will look more professional. What do you think?" I asked William.

He looked at me and smiled,

"I think everything I've heard of you so far has been true, you know what is best for the company and you have a great eye. I must say you're great at your job Leah"

I blushed awkwardly, William was very kind to say that but he does it every time I give an input into a design or spreadsheet or even just writing notes. It's nice but it means I can tell when he actually thinks I'm doing something right and I also want to know how to improve and I cant do that with someone who wont tell me the truth.

"Thank you William, that's very kind of you.......you would tell me if I wasnt doing a good job right?" I said Cooley. He sort of paused a bit and then sighed

"I was just paying a compliment is all, you are good at your job, great in fact but I have to come clean about something" he said while rubbing his neck.

"I'm actually going to be staying here permanently, I've been moved up and officially start working for this branch of Stem, tomorrow. That's why I cant stop praising you because I want to have you as a friend here"

I smiled at him,

"That's great William! Congratulations, it will be great having you around more, you fit in well with everyone, but hey promise me something!" I raised my finger at him and he nodded ...

"Promise me you will stop being so nice and complimenting me all the time, a true friend would tell me if I'm doing something wrong and it will help me more" I said to him while gathering my coat and handbag. He smiled and nodded.

"Oh come here and give me a hug, we should be celebrating" I said and he leaned in for a big hug, I liked William he was funny and a gave off a vibe of playboy billionaire. He would of swept me off my feet not so long ago but now the perfect man for me was Bas and I could not wait for him to come home.

"Ok I tell you what we will go out for drinks tomorrow, I cant tonight but is tomorrow ok for you?" I asked.

"Tomorrow is perfect, cant wait Leah" he said while putting his navy suit jacket over his arm and turning off the lights. We walked out together and said our byes then went our separate ways.

I arrived in the door to find Jessica fast asleep on the sofa, she had been working overtime like me as we were trying to get more days off so we could travel to France with the boys. I turned the TV off and shook her.

"Jess wake up, come on go to bed to you'll get a sore neck." I said and she yawned but nodded, just then there was a knock on the door. I turned to jess to see if she was expecting anyone and she shook her head. We both got up and walked to the door, I opened it and William was standing there. I was a little shocked and jess was standing beside me.

"Willaim, is everything ok?" I asked

"Of course, sorry I didn't mean to worry you showing up like this but I forgot to get the Miller story off you, I wont be in until 12 tomorrow so I wont be able to work on it in time, I thought I'd just come and get  it from you tonight instead if rushing tomorrow" I relaxed and nodded.