chapter 13: A dog and a holiday

Leah

"He got you a puppy?.....a puppy.....what the fuck" said Andy who was a little pissed off. He couldn't seem to wrap his head around why Bas got me a puppy.

"I heard leah wanted one but knew she couldn't and it's more of a thank you for letting me stay with you guys" Bas said

"But a puppy? ....wh"

"Andy just drop it ok. I love chewy and it was very kind of Bas to do that for me" I said not really understanding what the problem was.

"Ok whatever. Can I give you my present now?" Andy walked outside of the living room and I'm assuming it was to get my present.

It was just me, Jess and Bas, oh and chewy. Who was currently standing on the sofa with his two front paws on the arm rest and the back ones on the cushions.

"Hey he is pretty cute. Trying to compensate for something Bas? " Jess said while scratching chewy on the head but he wasn't having any of it and kept trying to chew her hands.

"Jess!" I squealed.

"No Jess I don't need to compensate it's all proportionate " Bas said with his million dollar smirk. Jess stood up laughing and wiped a fake tear away.

"He's funny I'll give home that, now my present to you is arriving any day now......just delivery ya know " Jess said while sitting on the sofa.

I walked over to chewy and he immediately stopped whatever he was doing to look at me. His ears raised up as I bent down to him and he tilted his head to the side while wagging his tail. I have to say he is a beautiful dog, I'm sure he isn't a full german shepard, he had some white and black spots all over him and his underbelly was white more than brown.

"Do you like him? He has a chip but he does need his shots. Just feed him twice a day, always have water for him and brush his fur at least every two to three days" Bas said coming up behind me.

"I'm sure you will remind me everyday Bas." I smiled but his faltered.

"Actually there is something I wanted to tell you" He said.

I picked up chewy and he started chewing the string on my hoodie I was wearing. God I can see it now, coming home to a house with chewed holes in it. He started wiggling so I put him down and he bounded for the door.

" I will bring him outside" Jess said

"Sorry what did you want to tell me" I turned to Bas. Just then Andy came back in and he had a parcel in his hand.

"Don't open the presents with out me. I'm just bringing the dog back in" We heard Jess say.

"Ok so my present to you is something I know you deserve, your the best annoying little sister I have and mum and dad would be so proud of you and everything you've achieved. I'm so proud of you and everything you achieved..but then again I practically raised you so i'm not surprised" He said casually while smirking proudly. 

" You've taken on so much at such a young age but you need to go explore, find out what you want in life....so....I've come up with the most amazing plan ever.....sit down all of you." He said while pointing to the sofa, I plopped down in between Bas and Jess, Bas had his hand over the back of the sofa behind my neck so I was almost laying into him.

Andy got up and took out a bunch of papers. Then turned to us with the biggest grin on his face. All the while chewy was wrestling with the corner of the mat on the floor and winning.

" Ok two weeks sightseeing and food in Paris! What do you say?" He said. I went blank for a second and said nothing, Jess was jumping up and down on the sofa like a little kid because she already knew. Bas was smiling too.