Chapter 20: Phone Calls And New Friends

It's only been a two months since the boys left. Bas and I have been talking on the phone a lot, we have moved past the fight and it has actually added another layer to our relationship. Now we seem to talk more freely to eachother and we arent afraid to tell the other when they are being stupid.

At the moment I was in work, at my desk, doing work. Annie walked in..

"Hey Leah, I need you in the conference room in ten, I don't have time to explain just be there, cool" she said in a flash and then she was gone.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. After a few minutes I got up, straightened myself out and walked to the conference room.

I opened the door, Annie and Mr. Longford, the managing director to the magazine in New York. He was a big deal, he popped in every now and then to check in and advise us on updates. My eyes scanned the room and there was another man, in a suit standing beside Mr. Longford.

He had a grey three piece suit and a purple tie. His hair was thick and wavy, it came down to his collar and it was a dirty blonde.

"Ah....Mr. Collins,  this is 'Stem's' best editor, Ms. Leah Avery" Mr. Longford introduced us. He leaned over and we shook hands. He smiled at me and said...

" I've heard great things about you Ms.Avery, please call me William." I nodded and told him to call me Leah.

"So William is overseeing the expansion of our firm" Annie nodded to me. Wow 'Stem' is big enough as it is, why do they have to expand.

"So William is going to be around for a while with us. I thought you would be the perfect person to show him around" Annie said to me.

"Yes, Leah has a real flare for editing, running a business is like overlooking multiple cogs, you cannot see all of them but you can trust those strong ones. Leah here is a strong cog" Mr.Longford said with a warm smile. He is a lovely man in his 80s.

"Mr.Longford thank you, I'm just doing my job though" I said.

There was some small talk afterwards, then William and Mr.Longford left. William's new digs was just down the road and he had to move in properly.

I went to the coffee room and got Annie and I a cup each. She was finishing something and looked up as I walked in.

"So what do you think? Sorry I didn't have a chance to warn you" she said waving her hand and taking a sip. I sat on the sofa and laughed.

"Dont worry about it, so what's he really doing here?" I asked and she huffed.

"Well the company is expanding and he diws need to be but I heard that the company is being investigated. Apparently someone has been wetting their beak on the side and before the media find out, the company wants to see if they can protect themselves first. We all know who it is but they have to be careful, you know PR stuff and all that." She said

There is a department head in the Chicago firm, Neil Waters, he is the slimmest worm you have ever met. He has been taking front the company for years, everyone knows but nobody has been able to prove it. His family is from old money and he has protectors. It's all a load of bullshit and now they obviously have something on him.

"So Waters is the reason William is here?" I asked and she nodded

"He is yummy isn't he" she smiled and eyed me.

"I mean, yes he is obviously very handsome and seems like a very nice person" I somehow managed to get out.

"Yeah, I hear he is a real ball buster........you two will get on great so" she winked.

" I'm not...looking for anything right now"

"Honey there is no way I would think that, you are so wrapped up in your navy seal it hurts and dont think I haven't noticed you taking about a million phone calls from him every week" she laughed and I went red.

"I really like him, after the fight it's actually gotten even better" I admitted.

"Of course it did, in a healthy relationship you have to challenge eachother otherwise you both just end up agreeing all the time and it gets boring...fast. plus arguments lead to the great sex" she winked and I smiled.

"You know I do get butterflies in my stomach everytime the phone rings, its great" I smiled and then there was a knock on the door Zac, Annie's boyfriend came in.

"Hey ladies, I hope I'm not interrupting anything" he said as he walked my way hugging me.

"Hey Leah, how are you?" Zac asked

"I'm great, you good?" And he nodded.

"Leah's got a new boyfriend Zac" Annie said as she came up behind him, he automatically put his arm over her shoulder and she put her hand on his torso.

"Is that so? So where is the little shit? I swear to God Leah ut better not be Matthew again. I hated him, he was always so pretentious and what he did to you shows a lot of his character" Zac strained.

"Its not him, his name is Sebastian and he works with Andy." I said

"But Andy doesn't know, so we can't tell" Annie said to Zac and he just rolled his eyes.

"Andy will only care for like two seconds and then he will be fine. Actually first I have to meet this guy, he has to meet our standards, isnt that right sweetie " Zac said to Annie and she smiled up and him.

"Ok, you will I promise Zac. Now I'm going to get out of your hair, go home and take a bath" I said as I hugged both of them.

"That's fine, I've dinner already ordered. I got you your favourite but without peppers" Zac told Annie. They were couple goals, they knew everything about eachother and still wanted to know more.

It was interesting, I feel like I'm ready to tell Andy about Bas and I. Who cares as long as I'm happy right?

Urrrghh I need Jesse and a shoulder of vodka...

********
I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT IM IN BED AT THE MOMENT. IM SO TIRED, I JUST DROVE TO THE AIRPORT, TWICE IN ONE DAY.....DONT ASK.

BUT I CANNOT LET DOWN MY BRILLAINT READERS SO I SAID I HAD TO GIVE YOU SOEMTHING. I HOPE IT WILL DO FOR NOW AND TOMORROW I WILL HAVE SOMETHING LONGER UP.

......

Q: HOW DO YOU FIND WILL SMITH IN THE SNOW?

A: FOLLOW THE FRESH PRINTS

REMEBER FRESH PRINCE! THE BEST SHOW EVER. PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU GUYS REMEMBER IT OR MAYBE SOME OF YOU ARE TOO YOUNG? 🤷‍♀️ EITHER WAY, NEXT SHOW FOR YOU GUYS TO BINGE WATCH. BYE GUYS