Chapter 10:was not expecting that!

Bas

I was sitting at the kitchen table looking at the piece of paper in my hand. I knew this would happen but why now? I knew Andy would feel the same way when he saw it. At the moment Andy was out with Leah shopping. 

I always get nervous when this happens and I just need to go out for a while. Andy lets me take out his motorbike when I want, its easier than waiting for him to come home and  give me a lift. I swing my leg over and settle into the cool leather of the bike. It roars to life and im off. Im not familiar with the town so I just drive until I some how manage to make my way to town, I find a small coffee shop and park the bike. 

I sit in one of the booths and a waitress comes over.

"what can I get you honey" she is cute, big boobs and a blonde, someone id usually go for.

"a cup of coffee thanks" I reply. She gives me a wink and says coming up.

I watch her walk away, she has a white top and a red tartan skirt on her. She walks up to one of the other waitresses and after a second of talking they both look my way. Her ginger friend gives me a wink also. I wont deny it I know im attractive to women and I usually have no problem with getting a woman when I want. 

I think back to the letter this morning, no doubt Andy got one also with similar contents. Our commanding officer needs us to return in the next three days, our flights are booked for Saturday morning.It says we will be paid for coming back early and we will be gone for a year tops maybe less. Its weird but right now all I can think about is Leah, I want to tell her about the letter but id say Andy will do that first and that is only right because he is her brother. 

The last time i was deployed, two weeks in and I was shot in the shoulder. Andy doesn't know because he was doing surveillance in a village a day or two from base and by the time he got back I had been stitched up and ready to go. It hadn't been serious a clean shot through and through.

I'm not scared about going back and I've seen men with PTSD and I know I don't have that. I love my job, I love being a part of a brotherhood and knowing I'm keeping people safe. Yes there is times when it's hard but both sides know the stakes when playing the game of war. I hate to think that innocent people in war torn countries are being burdened with it. So that's Why I do what I do.

The waitress from before comes over, puts a napkin down and then my coffee on top of that.

"Here you go honey. I haven't seen you around here before. Are you here on business?" She says with a big smile I know is genuine.

"I'm just here on leave"

"Oh my a soldier? How long are you staying, it's not a big town but there's some fun stuff to do if you want I can show you around." At first I thought she was a slut but she seems like a decent person.

just before I'm about to answer. Leah walks laughing. I smile to myself, her laugh is beautiful. Then I frown because that jock Josh comes in behind her , looking down and her and smiling. That prick, I thought I made it clear that he was to back of Leah in that football match! I nearly knocked him out. Then Leah came down to help him. I felt angry.

They walk up to the counter together but then Leah spots me and the waitress who made herself at home beside me.

"Oh I see you like Leah Avery? We went to school together, she's one of the nicest people I know. Hey you must be one of Andrews friends if your in the army?" She says. I could see Leah glancing over while Josh was trying to talk to her.

"Yeah she is lovely but she seems to be with that Josh fella" I said. The waitress turned to me, with a smile.

"Josh is attractive and such a gentleman, I'd say you have your work cut out for you but she hasn't been able to stop looking at us talking. That's a big indicator that she is jealous." I turned to her with a puzzled face on me.

"If she is jealous why is she with that asshole?" I said

"I'm in love and the way she is looking at Josh is not love, hang in there you will be ok, if not give me a call and I will help you out. I'm Alice by the way."

"Thanks Alice, why are you helping me?"

" I have a three year old daughter is in the royal commandos in England, I know first hand what its like to live with a man who has any army training..." she chuckled to herself. "your all brushed with the same paint when you come home.Charlie my husband was unsure when i got pregnant, he didnt like the idea of not coming home and kept second guessing having a child. The day he held his daughter in his hands I could see he wasnt going to ever let her go.......my point is you wont know how much you want something until you have it, now i better go, heres my number if you need advice call me"

"Thank you Alice" she waved then returned to her customers.

I got up and walked over to the booth Josh and Leah were in. I sat down beside Leah and put my arm about the top of the seat behind Leah. 

"Bas hi, what are you doing here?" Leah said to me.

"I just went for a drive on the bike, oh hey Jamie.....no Jackson, Jason wait dont tell me im terrible with names........go on tell me" I said

"josh" he said

"oh right josh, didnt see you there mate how are you?" 

"Im great me and Leah were just catching up, did you know me and her grew up together, infact ive know Leah since we were kids" he said.

"Is that so? thats an amazing story,tell it again" i said with a smirk. He visibly tensed. 

"Bas can I talk to you for a second" Leahs sweet voice filled my ears.

We both got up from the booth and walked to the hallway leading to the toilets and the back of the shop.

"What are you doing? look I know your Andys  friend and your looking out for his little sister but im just talking to the guy." Because I was way taller then her she was craning her neck in just the right angle that if i bent my neck we would be kissing.

"His intentions are just talking Leah!"

" So what im a big girl I know what im doing." she said

I growled and pushed her against the wall, I need her to know she is mine.

"You shouldnt make it that easy for him. If it were me, id let you know I wanted you by bringing you for dinner then ice creams from that little van by the beach because I know thats your favorite. id watch Legally Blonde with you over and over until you fell asleep on my shoulder because thats your favorite movie.When we kiss Id gently brush the hair out of your face" 

I brushed the hair out of her face. 

"cup you neck" I cupped her neck.

"look into those beautiful eyes and claim you as mine" I didnt connect out lips, instead I hovered above hers.

"but then again thats just me" I gave her a peck on the cheek then walked away, leaving her in shock. I exited the diner without even glancing at josh and got onto the bike.

When I got home Andy was there.

"Im guessing you got a letter?" he asked me I nodded.

"Its Leahs birthday on Friday I dont want her to know until after ok" he said, it was taking its toll on him to, we werent meant to go back for another 3 months.

" I understand Leah doesnt find out until after"  I said.

**********

AN

HEY!!!! sorry its been so long, I have no excuses. What do we think about Josh?

OH MY GOD! GLENN IS DEAD!! any Walking Dead fans?

And of course I cant leave without the terrible, the great, THE BAD JOKE TIME!!!!

Q:What sits up a tree and goes "ahhhh"?

A:An owl with a speech impediment

Ok 1-10

1= bad 10= good