Vacations and Angels Pt. 4

Lihn giggled as her brother flailed and fell off his board for the fifth time in three minutes. Biana leapt in after him, dragging his board back over to him.

"You can go surf with them if you want, you don't have to stay with me," Lihn said, wanting Marella to have a good time as well.

"I know, but I've never really been much of a swimmer, I prefer just getting my feet wet," Marella said, kicking her legs serenely in the water, which was helping to keep in her place beside Lihn.

"Well, you are a Pyrokinetic," Lihn teased, splashing Marella lightly.

"Hey!" she giggled, trying to block the water, splashing Lihn back.

The two girls got in a small water fight, ducking and using their abilities in a small way, just in case.

Keefe was not good at surfing, he could barely stand on his board, and for once, he was the clumsy one in the relationship, not Sophie.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" It slipped out before Lihn could stop it. As soon as she realized she said it out loud she flushed a bright pink, almost like she had gotten too much sun.

"Everything you were supposed to," Marella said, paddling over so she could grip Lihn's hand, sending jolts through the young Hydrokinetic.

Lihn smiled at Marella, tugging loosely on her braids affectionately. Marella cupped Lihn's jaw, laying her forehead against Lihn's.

"Stop flirting!" Keefe called, making the two girls pull apart hastily.

"Keefe stop! They had to deal with our flirting for who knows how long, let them be as sappy as they want," Sophie chided, swatting her boyfriend's shoulder playfully, knocking him off balance again.

She laughed when he fell into the water, landing on his back.

"Not funny Foster," he grumbled, making her smile.

"I think it's hilarious," she told him, making him scowl. He yanked her into the water with him, making her shriek.

"It's good to see everyone like this, it's been a while," Lihn murmured, watching her brother smile at Biana.

"I know," Marella agreed, lacing their hands together.

They'd talked everything out last night, and they were officially dating, but they were both still new at this, especially with Lihn not comfortable using her ability and Marella new at using hers, especially since it was so volatile.

"I missed this, just hanging out with you, with everyone," Marella admitted, staring wistfully at everyone.

"Sophie was just trying to protect you, everyone's changed since we joined the Black Swan, we all have more scars than ever, and she didn't want to drag you into that," Lihn explained, knowing where Marella's thoughts were headed.

"I know, but I still felt left out for so long, I'm kind of expecting them to kick me out of their group again."

"They won't, mostly because they aren't like that, and besides, I won't let them," Lihn told her, pulling her closer.

Marella smiled, wrapping her arms around Lihn, who smiled at the contact.

"Walk on the beach with me?" Marella asked, nodding towards the beach.

"Always," Lihn told her, paddling into shore.

They walked along the shore, hand in hand, laughing with each other, watching their friends attempt at surfing, something else they had learned from Sophie.

Sandor and Grizel woke up when Tam and Keefe got in a small argument, their voices carrying across the water with ease.

But even then, they mostly just sat with each other at the water's edge, leaning on each other, watching everyone with smiling eyes even as the rest of their faces stayed impassive.

By the end of their vacation, everyone was caught up on their homework and their sleep. All the girls had what Dex and Keefe were calling a 'Cali girl' look, whatever that meant, and the guys looked like they had come out of those human magazines that Sophie hated so much.

It had been a good four days, but they had to go back to the real world eventually, but some things would stay the same.

On their last day, Sophie and Keefe leapt back to Havenfield. Biana, Tam, Fitz, and Dex all leapt back to Everglen, (after Tam made sure that his sister was going to be okay for the fortieth time), and Marella leapt her and Lihn back to her house.

"Are you ready for this?" Marella asked, her hand on the doors.

"With you by my side? Always," Lihn told her, and with that, they pushed the doors open together.

(Okay, so that one was a little rushed, and a little short, but I wanted to finish this one up. I have a fanfiction project due for English and I've got 32 pages of editing to do.)