Amnesia

Keefe must've been hearing things. There was no way that he was hearing Sophie properly. There was no way she was doing this, not to him, not to them.

"Sophie please! What did I do wrong? When did we get so far apart? What can I do? How can I make you stay?" he asked, the pleading in his voice apparent to even him. Memories were running wild in his mind, all of them crystal clear. The kisses, the dates, the fights, the make-ups, the nights they spent comforting each other when they had nightmares, the teasing in the halls at school, the cheesy notes they passed, the dance parties after a rough day.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore, I just . . . I can't," she sobbed, mascara and eyeliner making black lines down her face. The two stared at each other for a moment before Sophie choked a sob, running out the door. Keefe couldn't go after her, he took one step, then crumpled too the floor, sobbing.

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keefe! Keefe wake up! He could hear her voice distantly, and he sat up panting, covered in a cold sweat, which was mixed with his tears.

Sophie was next to him, laying a hand on his shoulder, a concerned look on her face as she sat up.

"What were you dreaming about?" she asked, her hand rubbing slow, calming circles across his hard back, the touch sending lines of fire though him.

"We broke up, you were crying and saying that you couldn't do it anymore," Keefe said, tearing a hand through his sweaty blond hair.

"Hey, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere," she murmured, pressing her lips to his.

"Promise?" Keefe asked quietly, laying down beside her.

"I promise," she assured him, wrapping an arm around his waist.

                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keefe woke up to something jabbing him in the side.

He sat up, searching for Sophie, but he wasn't in bed, he was on the floor where he'd fallen last night.

Everything came rushing back, and a blanket settled over Keefe, a blanket of guilt, and anger, and hatred of himself. He pulled the small box out of his pocket. He flipped the top open to reveal the diamond ring inside, secured on a chain. He'd been planning to propose, and since she already had so many rings he'd figured that she could wear it as a necklace.

Keefe choked on a sob, throwing the box across his room, slumping again. How had everything fallen apart so quickly? How had he lost her that easily?

Keefe crawled over to his bed, seeking some comfort, and cried himself to sleep again, wishing he would wake up with amnesia. Wishing he would need have to remember the little things like waking up before her, waking her up with small kisses everywhere on her face, how she'd always subconsciously move closer to him when he crawled in with her when he got home, how she always smiled when she saw him, even when she didn't realize she did it.

He'd lost her, he'd lost the most important thing to him.

(Okay, this one is supershort, but I had to write it down because I was listen to Amnesia by 5SOS and it gave me an angst idea. I'm working on another part of the story but I'm getting writers block so I figured I would write this one down. Sorry it's angsty, and sorry it sucks, it's been a long week for me emotionally and mentally. I hope y'all understand. Thanks my lovelies!)