Night Time Rendezvous (Pt. 2)

(Two in one night, that won't happen often my lovelies, just so you know. And this one won't be as long, not by any means.)

Keefe was waiting at Sophie's locker when she got to school the next day. Well, leaning against it was probably a better description of what he was doing.

"Hey," Sophie said when she got close enough for him to hear her.

"Hey, did you sleep okay?" he asked, his eyes darting over her face.

"Yeah, did you?" Sophie asked, nodding in acknowledgement when he moved so she could access it.

"Of course, this is me we're talking about Foster, I always sleep like a baby," Keefe said with a wink and Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Sure you do," she replied, licking her DNA strip. "Ugh! I forgot that it's Elwin's day again," she said, gagging on the flavor. She was carrying all of her stuff with her today.

"Yeah, you might want to warn Dex about that," Keefe said, pointing to the boy jogging down the hallway.

"Dex don't-"

It was no use. Dex had already licked the strip.

"Ugh, remind me to kill Elwin the next time I see him," he murmured to himself, grabbing his supplies, then hurrying down the hall.

"What was with him?" Sophie asked, gesturing to his retreating form with her thumb.

"He was probably in the middle of a good prank we're working on," Keefe said, smirking, rubbing his hands together like every evil villain ever.

"Great, that's just what I need, my best friend and my boyfriend in detention together," Sophie said, sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"You said it," Keefe murmured, his eyes getting a strange light in them.

"What?" Sophie asked, then her eyes widened when she realized what Keefe meant. "Why wouldn't I say it? It's true, isn't it?" Sophie asked, wondering if he was regretting everything that had happened the night before.

"I thought maybe you were sleep deprived or something."

This boy . . . .

Sophie scowled, reaching for Keefe's hand. "I meant everything I said last night Keefe, every word of it. And everything I did? I meant all of that too," she assured him, squeezing his hand lightly.

Keefe sighed a breath of relief, a smile taking over his features as he squeezed back.

Sophie smiled back, kissing his cheek, earning more than a few murmurs from the people nearby.

"Oh, hey! What were you going to tell me last night?" she asked Keefe, remembering what he'd said the night before.

"Oh, it wasn't important," he said, smiling at her.

She merely gave him a look and he sighed, relenting.

"I was just going to tell you that you look beautiful when you blush," Keefe said, which was an effective way to make her blush.

Keefe smirked, and Sophie had a feeling that that had been his end goal for that conversation.

"I'll see you later?" she asked when the bell rang.

"You bet Foster," he said.

"It's a date Sencen," Sophie called, remembering that conversation oh so long ago, not caring about the looks she got from the other students.

He smiled back at her, a smile that could light up all of the Lost Cities. She would never get sick of seeing that smile. Never get sick of being the one who made him smile like that.

And Sophie Foster never did, even after she became Sophie Sencen.

(Okay, that was a little rushed, but I couldn't think of a good way to end that, so whatever. Anyway, vote, comment, message me, whatever, tell me what you think and constructive criticism is always a good thing so give me all you got. Thanks my lovelies, until next time.)