Vacations and Angels Pt.1

"You look like you could use a cup of coffee," Keefe said, sliding one in front of her.

"Thanks, I was up all night trying to get Iggy to sleep instead of rattling his cage," she muttered, downing the coffee in one go.

"You need a vacation Foster," he told her.

"Trust me, I know, I think we all do," Sophie muttered, gesturing to all of their friends. They reminded Sophie of deflated balloons. They were all in a café down in Atlantis, they had planned on doing some shopping for midterms, and Sophie wanted another book, but there was only so much they could handle in a week.

"Do you think the Black Swan gives vacation time?" Keefe asked, laying his head on the table.

"I don't know, probably not, and I know for a fact that the Neverseen doesn't," she grumbled, trying to picture the Neverseen gang laying on beach chairs sipping on drinks with the little umbrellas in them. She just couldn't do it. Especially when her thoughts moved to Vespera.

"Do you think if we ask them nicely they'll stop trying to destroy the world as we know it?" Keefe asked, seeming to be the only one with even a sembalence of energy.

"Probably not," Sophie said.

"Do you think the Black Swan would notice if we dropped off the map for a couple of days?" Dex asked, making Sophie smile.

"Probably," she muttered. "You know what? I'm going to ask Mr. Forkle if we can go on vacation for a couple of days," Sophie decided.

"What about the Council? It's not like we can just disappear without them noticing," Fitz pointed out.

"They didn't know that I existed for twelve years, and I don't think I need to dreg up all of our little excursions," Sophie told him, making Marella snort.

"I'll come with you," Keefe said, standing up with her.

"You don't have to," she told him.

"Adventure follows you Foster, you don't follow adventure, I don't think anything exciting is going to happen here," Keefe said.

She scowled, then sighed. When Keefe made his mind up abut something like this there was no changing it.

"Okay, then let's go," she said.

(Time Skip)

"You kids want to go on . . . vacation?" Mr. Forkle asked, confusion taking over his features.

"Yep, somewhere warm, maybe near a beach," Keefe said.

Sophie rolled her eyes, but she had to admit, a beach didn't sound like a bad idea.

"You've been working us overtime, that combined with school, and we're on the edge of breaking point, we look like zombies" Sophie said.

"Okay, you guys get three days off, this might be a good thing for some of our newest followers to show their stuff. We have some missions that need to be dealt with and the Neverseen are expecting you, not our newer recruits that they don't know." Mr. Forkle had a considering look on his face as he thought out loud. "On second thought, you guys get four days off," he said.

Sophie grinned at Keefe, this was a much better outcome than she was expecting.

"Yes!" Keefe cried, pumping his fist in the air.

"Great, we'll see you when we get back," Sophie said, taking Keefe's hand, dragging him out of the room before Forkle could change his mind.

"Let's call the others so they can pack their swimsuits," Keefe said, giving her the biggest grin she'd ever seen on his face.