Nightmare and Daydreams

Warning: swearing, name calling, derogatory word use, and guys acting like asses

"Shit!" Fitz whispered furiously, shoving Marella into the nearest alleyway.

"Language," she hissed playfully, tugging him down the alley.

Fitz shot her a look, letting her know that now was not the time.

They were somewhere in the Forbidden Cities for a mission, but the Neverseen were hot on their tails, and with so many people around they couldn't light leap and they couldn't use their abilities. Well, Marella couldn't. Setting people on fire was frowned upon in pretty much every culture, especially the Elvin one.

I'm going to throw up a wall of fire, and then we're going to hide in that building, the one with the umbrella sign, be ready. Marella transmitted to him, and he squeezed her hand to tell her he understood.

The Neverseen followers hissed when the flames went up, the heat searing their skin. Marella dashed into the building, shutting the door behind her, sealing it with her fire.

"Quick thinking out there," he told her, turning around. "Shit," he murmured again, tearing a hand through his chocolate colored waves.

"I didn't realize this was a club," Marella said the moment she turned around.

"Relax, I know, but now we have to find out where we are and hope the Neverseen pass by," Fitz said.

"I can see why they sent you on this mission, but why bring me?" Marella asked, slipping her hand into Fitz's so she wouldn't be trampled by the dancers and the drunk people.

"Probably because they know that if the Neverseen hurt you, Fintan will repay that follower for it tenth fold," Fitz said.

"I don't know whether to be complimented by that or worried about it," Marella admitted.

"Both I guess," Fitz told her.

Someone grabbed her other wrist, yanking her away from Fitz.

"Hey, we've never seen you in here before, want to come dance with us?" There were two boys standing by Marella, one was holding her wrist, the other had a stupid grin on his face that made Marella want to burn it off his face.

"No thanks, I have better things to do," she replied, wrenching her wrist away.

"C'mon, don't be like that," one of them said, lower his voice, getting closer.

Marella could smell what she was assuming was alcohol on his breath, and she was assuming that his buddy was going along with the one that had grabbed her wrist. She was also assuming that if she screamed no one would come to her rescue.

"Let go, or I will burn off whatever you touch me with," she warned, feeling the fire roil beneath her akin, begging to be let loose.

"Don't be such a bitch," the lead guy said, yanking her wrist violently.

"Let. Go," she snapped, reining in her fire.

The lead guy was about to open his mouth, but Fitz appeared, yanking his hand off Marella.

"You heard the lady." Fitz's voice was so low that it was almost frightening, that combined with the look on his face, and Marella wasn't surprised when they backed off.

"Are you okay?" Fitz asked, looking her over.

"Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for stepping in," Marella said, giving him a rare smile.

"No problem, Sophie told me that guys in the human world tend to back down more often when there's another guy present. I heard you threaten to burn the guy, that was pretty brave," Fitz told her.