Vacations and Angels Pt.2

When Biana woke up, she tried to roll over- her back was pressed against the cool wall and it felt weird since the wall was cool and the rest of her body was warm- but she found that she couldn't quite move her arm.

She opened her eyes, and found herself staring right into Tam's sleeping face, which was so much more soft than his usual edgy look.

She brushed his hair away from his face, and smiled when his grip tightened on her waist, keeping her close.

"Tam, Tam," she murmured, wiggling enough that it woke him up. "Hey, it's just me," she murmured when he looked a little bit panicked.

"Hi," he said, twirling a curl around his finger, toying with her hair.

"Did you sleep okay?" she asked, her voice still a little slurred with sleep.

He nodded, running his fingers through her hair.

"Beautiful," she heard Tam murmur, making her blush.

"Did you sleep okay?" he asked her, dragging his thumb lightly over the bags that had been under her eyes for the last couple of months.

"Yeah," she told him, smiling at his concern.

"What time is it?" he asked when he noticed the light streaming in through the windows.

"No idea, but I want some food," she muttered, managing to climb over Tam to get to the ladder.

He grinned at her, and she winked at him as she climbed down the ladder, careful not to wake up Keefe and Sophie, who had finally confessed to each other the night before.

"It's only nine?" she gasped when she saw the clock.

"Wow, I thought it was going to be later than that," Tam said, appearing by her side a moment later.

"I know right?" she asked, running a brush through her hair.

"Here, let me help," Tam said when she kept trying to yank out a snag.

"How do you know how to do this?" Biana asked, handing the brush over to him.

"My sister has hair longer than yours and I've lived with her my entire life, you pick up a thing or two," he told her, easing the brush through her hair.

"Wow, you can do my hair any time," she said, turning around to smile at him.

He smiled back at her.

They made their way towards the kitchen part of the cabin, working in tandem to grab ingredients for breakfast.

"Are we going to talk about it?" Tam asked after a moment, his voice soft, awkward.

"About what?" Biana asked, turning from her post by the stove where she was making pancakes.

"About . . . last night. And this morning."

"Oh."

Her panic won over for a moment, not one hundred percent sure what to do in this situation. Her crush on Keefe had been very one sided, especially once Sophie showed up, and she'd never confessed to him, even though she knew he knew about her feelings. All the confessions that had been thrown her way were also one sided, and she had always just flat out turned them down if they ever got past Fitz, which had been a rare occurrence.

She doubted Tam had any more of clue, Exillium had made him suspicious of everyone, and he was too busy keeping Lihn safe to really think about what he wanted, and she doubted that he had ever gotten this far with anyone, let alone someone as damaged as Biana.