Vacations and Angels Pt.3

"Hey," Dex murmured, wrapping his arms around Fitz's waist from behind.

"Hey." Fitz turned around, putting his hands lightly on Dex's hips.

"You weren't there when I woke up, you don't regret anything do you?" Dex asked.

"No, of course not," Fitz exclaimed, bumping his forehead with Dex's lightly.

"Are you sure because I can-"

Fitz cut him off by kissing him, molding his mouth to the younger boy's.

"I definitely don't regret anything, I was just thinking," Fitz told him, marveling in the way he could make the younger one blush so easily.

"About what?" Dex asked.

"About how much everything has changed."

"I know, I never thought that I would be dating a Vacker, let alone you Wonderboy," Dex said, flashing the older boy a small smirk.

"When did you know? How you felt about me I mean," Fitz inquired.

"For sure when I accidentally got you impaled by that bug, but I had a feeling way before that," Dex admitted.

"That long?" Fitz asked.

"Yeah," Dex said, a small blush dusting his cheeks again. "When did you know?"

"I had a feeling when you and Sophie were taken by the Neverseen, but I knew for sure when you kept disappearing with Tinker, I wanted to see you so badly and that's when I realized that I was in love with you," Fitz said.

Dex smiled, then muttered, "We're idiots."

"Maybe, but I don't care as long as I can be an idiot with you," Fitz said.

"Since when are you a sappy one?" Dex asked.

"When you gave me a reason to be."

Fitz pulled the younger boy against him, pressing their chests together.

Dex, despite being almost three inches taller than Fitz, blushed a deep red, highlighting the freckles that Fitz liked to stare at and try to count when he thought the younger boy wasn't looking.

"You really don't regret anything?" Dex asked.

"Do you?" Fitz answered, raising an eyebrow at Dex who's eyes went wide.

"No! I don't regret anything, I just . . . I don't know how other people will handle this," he muttered.

"Who cares? The others don't. And with everything we've been through I don't think they'll let us go because of something like this. Besides, if the Council has anything to say about it, I'd like to see them try to keep the Neverseen at bay by themselves," Fitz said, making Dex grin.

"Yeah," Dex agreed, kissing Fitz again.

When they pulled apart, which would always feel too soon to Fitz, Dex moved to Fitz's side, and they watched the water together.

"I'm kinda glad we played last night, as embarrassing as it was," Dex finally said.

"Me too," Fitz agreed, wondering if they hadn't play if they would be standing like this now.

"I think the girls finally got breakfast going," Fitz said.

"I wonder if Biana and Tam finally stopped their oblivious flirting," Dex muttered.

"We'll find out when we get there I guess," Fitz said, offering Dex his hand.

Dex slid his hand into Fitz's, and together they walked over to the girls' cabin.