A Twin and the Prettiest Vacker

"Lihn, are you okay? You're staring at me," Biana told her friend, breaking her out of her trance.

"Sorry, I was just thinking," she murmured, a small blush taking over her features.

"That's okay. What were you thinking about?" Biana asked.

How beautiful you look in purple.

"How good your brother looks in red," she said instead, looking towards Fitz who was trying to convince her brother to play base quest with them.

"My annoying older brother looks good in anything and everything," Biana said, tossing her chocolate curls over her shoulder.

"I don't know, I don't think I've ever seen him black," Lihn said.

"We leave that to Sophie and the Neverseen," Biana agreed, running a hand through her dark brown curls.

Lihn wondered what it would feel like to run her own fingers through them, to feel Biana's pink lips on her own.

Lihn made a small noise with the mental image the thoughts conjured, uninvited. She slapped her cheeks lightly, trying to shake the image out of her head.

"Seriously, what's going on with you today?" Biana asked her friend, her brows furrowing in concern, her lips cast downwards in a frown.

"I've just got a lot on my mind lately," Lihn murmured, avoiding eye contact.

Biana gave her an unconvinced look, but let it slide. She did jump when Fitz yelled though.

"Yes, boys against girls, let's go!" he yelled, pumping his fists in the air. He looked like he was trying to fight the air. And failing miserably.

"We're questing first," Biana yelled, grabbing Lihn's hand, which sent tingles up the girl's entire arm.

"Where are we going?" Lihn asked, her cheeks stained with a permanent blush.

Lihn remembered the day she figured out she had feelings for the youngest Vacker. They'd been chilling in Biana's room, waiting for news on a mission Sophie and Keefe had gone on, when Biana had slipped her hand into Lihn's. Her palms had instantly turned sweaty, and her heart is the weird fluttery thing if did when Biana walked into the room.

"Higher ground," Biana said, pulling her up. "Can you use the lake to haul the boys towards us?" Biana asked.

"Yeah." Lihn paused. "But what if I lose control?" she asked.

"You won't, I'll be right here the whole time, I promise."

Lihn frowned, holding Biana's hand tightly in her own.

She had been ignoring the call of the water, but she called on it this time, bending it to her will.

Two minutes later the boys landed in front of the girls, sopping wet and complaining.

Biana smiled at Lihn. "I told you, you wouldn't lose control."

"I guess you did," Lihn murmured, blushing.

"Let's to back to the house, we need to change," Fitz said, glaring at his sister.

"Tam gets sick easily, so you might want to give him a sweater or something," Lihn said, giggling when Tam rolled his eyes.

They walked back to the house in silence, save for the boys occasionally arguing over who was colder.

"You did a good job staying in control," Biana said, her hand brushing against Lihn's lightly.

"Thanks, it usually helps when there's a person I'm emotionally connected to there, to help keep me grounded," Lihn said, a small blush staining her cheeks.

"Go out with me!" Biana blurted, making Lihn wonder if she'd heard the Vacker girl properly.

"Excuse me?" Lihn asked, nearly tripping, surprise lacing her tone.

"Go out with me," Biana said, more slowly this time.

"Are you sure?" Lihn asked, wondering if she had somehow forced Biana to say something.

"Is that a yes?" Biana asked carefully.

"I mean, yeah, I'd love to, but are you sure? I am the one who flooded Atlantis," Lihn said .

"I'm sure, and besides that wasn't your fault," Biana said, brushing her hand against Lihn's.

"The Council said otherwise," Lihn muttered, her tone bitter even to her own ears.

"In case you haven't noticed, the Council doesn't make very good decisions when it comes to their prejudices, look at what they did to Sophie," Biana said, interlacing their fingers together, squeezing Lihn's hand.

"Okay, you have a fair point there, but still," Lihn said, not able to contain the smile that was spreading across her face.

"But you will go out with me?" Biana asked.

"Yeah, I'd love to." Lihn pasued. "As long as we don't go to Atlantis."

Biana laughed, the feeling it gave Lihn made her laugh too, squeezing Biana's hand in response.

This was going to be fun.