Chapter 26

It had been less than a week since Rajesh's call and Sharanya's abrupt exit from the Mohan Mansion in Mysore and Aditya wanted to stay to find out what happened, but neither were his parents telling him anything nor was Sharanya answering any of his calls. Each time he called, it would either be sent to her voicemail or Ananya would pick it up to inform that she was doing something related to her upcoming movie.

Trying Sharanya's number once more, Aditya sighed as it was left unanswered yet again. He closed his eyes for a moment to take a deep breath, but all he could see was Sharanya's smiling face against the black screen of his vision. Getting up as his boarding group was called, Aditya opened an album in his photo gallery with the title "SuperShar" followed by a velvet heart.

"I miss her too, Anna," Akansha said, leaning over his carry-on to hug him awkwardly, before boarding the flight.

Although he felt like he was leaving behind a huge clue to this situation, Aditya knew that he has to wait for at least 3 to 4 months when he and Sharanya come back under the same roof for Meghana and Akash's wedding in the end of August.

───────── ღ 𝒜♥𝒮 ღ ─────────

Just as Aditya's flight took off to New York, Sharanya got the news that had been finalised for Abhishek Kapoor's next, Intezaar, and the team started preparing to start shoot by the beginning of June.

Throughout the month of prep for shooting, Sharanya didn't feel the need to post as much as she would at any other time — neither on her private, nor her public account. She'd only post her event pictures and anything related to work on her public account, and any birthday wishes for her friends on her private account.

Aditya's birthday was a couple days after the start of Sharanya's shoot and Sharanya posted a birthday wish for one of her friends on her public story and his username was hidden within the greeting. For once, Sharanya was thankful to know someone who shared the same birthday with Aditya as she wouldn't have to worry about her cousins knowing that she has feelings towards Aditya.

On the other hand, Aditya had got a surprise gift from Aashna on his birthday. It was a graphic painting of a guy shielding a girl from what looked like a meteor. Upon finding this as his birthday gift, Aditya wondered what Aashna wanted to tell him with this. Thankfully, there was a greeting card with an important message in it.

        Wait for a week or so to get what this means. — Aashna

All Aditya could do know was wait, but he did post a story of the picture thanking Aashna for it. He hoped Sharanya would see this and maybe help him understand the meaning behind it, but was left disappointed as he realized that Sharanya had an outdoor shoot, which meant she wouldn't get any data for a couple more days due to her phone network.

However, there was one gift that was unique out of them all: an iPhone. If one knew Aditya properly, then that person would know how he thought Apple products were a waste of money and overly-hyped for no reason. Yet, this time was an exception.

Although the iPhone had come with a printed card instead of a hand-written one, Aditya instantly knew who it was from. In fact, the design of the card itself blew the cover of the sender.

Aditya quickly whipped out his phone and video called Ananya, who was with Sharanya in her makeup room as they discussed that day's scene.

"Hey, happy birthday Adi! I hope you liked the gift," Ananya wished as she sat in front of Sharanya with her back to the makeup chair.

"I loved it! Thank you so much," Aditya exclaimed. He could very well see Sharanya trying to hide her smile as she heard him say that.

"I'm glad you did."