Chapter 14

The weekend flew by far too quickly for Bakugo's liking, or maybe not fast enough. Either way he was heading to his Monday lesson with butterflies in his stomach.

He opened the door and made his way to the back. Seating himself beside a window he pulled out a notepad and pen. He felt paper notes were easier to organise and more reliable in case a hard drive crashed.

The noisy room became dead quiet all of a sudden. Looking up to see the reason he saw Kirishima marching up to him with a blank face. He waited until they were standing face to face before he tried to talk.

"Hey Ki-"

"Come with me." The redhead interrupted, no, demanded. Before Bakugo could protest he was lifted out of his seat and dragged out if the classroom, much to the just arriving professor's confusion.

At some point in their journey Bakugo had given up, deciding it better to just follow the scarily silent redhead.

Kirishima finally stopped by a hidden side of the school that Bakugo didnt even know existed. Bakugo crossed his arms and waited for an explanation but Kirishima simply stood there and stared at him in curious silence.

"Well?" Bakugo demanded, "why drag me out of class?" He tapped his foot in irritation and Kirishima froze. He hadn't thought this far ahead. If anything he had expected Bakugo to try run away.

Bakugo stood there, his foot tapping against the grass as he waited for Kirishima to say something, anything.

"You-" they both started at the same time and paused, waiting for the other to finish their sentence. Bakugo frowned and let off a low sigh.

"For fucks sake shitty hair spit it out already." He grumbled, his red eyes observing the redhead for his reaction.

Kirishima froze under that stare, the way Bakugo's red irises practically bore holes through him. His mind went blank and he decided to just do whatever he thought of first. With a gulp Kirshima looked up from the floor and held Bakugo's stare.

Red met red and the two of them stared at each other for who knows how long. So long Bakugo felt his anger waver slightly.

"You... knew me?" Kirishima started and Bakugo froze. That sounded more like a question than a statement and he was NOT in the mood for questions.

Bakugo turned to leave but Kirishima grabbed his wrist and pulled him back, their two bodies collided chest to chest and Bakugo's head was left spinning.

Backing away a few steps Kirishima followed, he did it again and so did the redhead. They repeated a few times till Bakugo had nowhere else to go, his back to the cold brick wall of the school building. Leaning forward Kirishima pressed his hands against the wall either side of the blonde, trapping him.

Bakugo could feel his heart going a mile a minute, their faces were so close if he leaned forward just a little their noses would touch. Kirishima leaned down, his lips millimetres away from Bakugo's ear.

"Don't run away from me Bakugo, not after you found me again." Kirishima practically growled into Bakugo's ear. The blonde felt a shiver run through his body at the deep voice coming from Kirishima, his face involuntarily getting red at the sound.

Kirishima leaned back out to look at Bakugo's reaction, but never did he expect what he saw. The blonde was frozen, staring at him wide eyed and red faced.

His eyes darted down to Bakugo's lips and back up at him, a wordless question. Bakugo wet his lips in response, and looked up at Kirishima. The redhead leaned in once more but their moment was cut short.

"Kiri here you ar- OH MY GOD!!" The loud noise startled Bakugo and he bolted, ducking under Kirishima's arms. Kirishima watched him run away and clicked his tongue in irritation.

"Sorry Kiriiiii, I didnt think he'd run away." Mina sighed apologetically, patting the redhead on the shoulder. Kirishima didn't respond, his eyes glued to the spot Bakugo had disappeared.

If he had been able to get away the whole time, and he hadn't, that was a good sign. Right?