Chapter 13

Bakugo shut the door quietly before kicking off his shoes. He stole through the hallway and made it about half way past the kitchen before the light flicked on and Mitsuki glared at him.

"And where has my idiot son been?" She demanded. Bakugo flinched and slowly turned to face her. Her usually calm features were contorted into a frown. She was mad this time. As Bakugo pondered a response Masaru appeared behind him and put a warm hand on his shoulder, pressing him forward to sit beside his mother.

Bakugo did just that, avoiding looking directly at her face, knowing it would only make it worse. Mitauki made a clicking noise with her tongue and repeated her question.

"WHERE have you BEEN!" She demanded with more intensity that last time. Bakugo took the risk and took a peek at her face only to see the rage had melted into concern. Bakugo faltered.

"I....." he tried to answer but he couldn't find his words. Frustrated, he ran a hand through his hair, a habit he had picked up to control his wild mood swings.

Mitsuki watched Bakugo struggle with his words, he had never been a very verbal person. She had watched him grow up so she usually knew when he was lying or trying to hide something. But now, he wasn't anything. His entire persona was different, unusual, strange. She didn't like it, it put her on edge.

"I was... just... out with a... friend?" The last part came out more like a question and both parents could feel the uncertainty behind it. Masaru placed his hand back on Bakugo's shoulder, this time to reassure him.

Mitsuki took Bakugo's hand from his hair and held it gently, making Bakugo look up at her face. She smiled sadly at him and nodded, the two of them passing a nonverbal message through a bond only a mother and child can have.

Mitsuki let go and Bakugo stood up, slowly making his way up to his room but he paused at the base of the stairs. He turned back to his parents who were watching him curiously.

"Nothing bad happened I just... Got a bit caught up." He threw that over his shoulder before running up the stairs two at a time. Slamming his bedroom door behind him Bakugo threw his bag at the wall before throwing himself onto his bed.

Bakugo could hear the muffled talk of his parents from downstairs, his door not having closed properly. Sitting up Bakugo ran a hand through his now very messy hair.

Reaching for his phone he decided to text Kirishima, then he realised a problem. They had never actually exchanged numbers. Picking up his phone he glared at the device as if it had personally offended him in some way.

That's when Bakugo noticed a piece of paper. It was sticking out, pressed between the phone and the phone case. Woth a grunt he pulled the phone out of its case and the little piece of paper fell into his lap.

Picking up the paper he read over the grossly neat handwriting.

Call me blondie ~Ɛ>
xxxxx xxxxxx

Bakugo stared at the paper for a solid five minutes before his brain kicked itself and started screaming at him.

Holy shit was this from Kirishima!? But the heart? Wait, he hadn't left his phone in front of anyone beside the redhead. And it's not like there was anyone else in the apartment anyways...

With a gulp Bakugo put the number into his contacts, saving the number as ?. Steeling himself he sent a text.

'Who's this and why tf is your number on this damn paper'

He looked at the message for a second. Shit that didn't sound right. Just as Bakugo was about to unsend it those words appeared.

'Seen'

Shit

He watched as the little dots appeared before disappearing before reappearing and a response coming through.

'Yo man idk, I haven't been giving my number out? Wait is this a scam! >:O'

Bakugo couldn't help the snort of laughter at the stupid face the person sent. He could kind of guess who this was already, but he should probably prod a bit to make sure.

'A scam? Course not. I have your number with a message saying to call me and with a heart'

No sooner had he sent it the little dots appeared and disappeared over and over before it stopped. No response. Shit, had he fucked up?

Finally the dots came back and a response came through short and questioning.

'Bakugo?'
'Is that u?'

Shit, guess that didn't last very long. With a sigh he responded.

'Yeah, who's this?'

He didn't have to wait long for a response to come through.

'It's Kirishima bro, don't tell me you forgot me already!! ;('

Bakugo had to double check he had seen that correctly. What was up with this idiot's texting style! He had to admit it did bring a smile to his face.

'Course I didn't forget shity hair, the message just confused me'

'What message dude? •-•'

Bakugo let off a sigh and took a picture of the note, sending it to Kirishima. Almost instantly he got a response.

'OH SHIT'
'THAT WASN'T ME!!'
'I'M SO SORRY'

Bakugo watched Kirishima panick over the phone felt that small hope in his heart shatter. So he really didn't remember, or care.

'I'm so sorry Bakubro my friend Mina thought we... uh... yeah and I guess she decided to take matters into her own hands'

Wow so it really hadn't been him. That hurt.

'Whatever shitty hair'

As soon as he sent that Kirishima sent his message, obviously having been writing it before.

'But hey, now I have your number. That's great, I completely forgot to ask u'

Bakugo felt that stupid warm happy feeling come back to his chest and he shook his head to clear his mind. He hadn't meant it like that stupid!

'Yeah I guess'

He responded coldly. The dots appeared and Bakugo was losing his will to even try. This stupid idiot he had been looking for AND HE KNEW, was seriously being such a fucking tease and HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!!

'It's late Bro, I got early morning lessons tomorrow. Talk later ✌'

Bakugo chuckled, finally he used an actual emoji. He typed out his response of a quick 'sure whatever'  quickly before shutting off his phone and leaning back onto his pillow.

He stared at the ceiling absent mindedly, he needed to figure out a way to crack this boy. And he had to do it before he exploded from his repressed sex drive, or stress of trying to remind him.