ǝuᴉu ʎʇuǝʍʇ

a breakthrough on new year's eve

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 ఌ

𓂀𑁍𓂀

New Year's Eve. It is supposed to be the day where everyone gather to prepare and welcome the new year with a bang.

Normally, Jisoo and her friends would already start to cook and prepare the foods for the New Year's evening celebration. Just like what they did on Christmas Eve.

This year was different. Because instead of preparing for a grand New Year's eve celebration like they used to, they are preparing for something else.

All of them have no work because of the holiday, that's why on lunch time everyone was at Yoongi and Jennie's house for the ritual. They decided to try the ritual multiple times that day so that's what they did.

But after 2 hours, they haven't got any luck.

"You know, I understand that we are doing this for the sake of everyone. Not only us, but practically the whole world," HOSEOK said. "But aren't we gonna welcome the new year properly? Like we used to? And besides, I think Jisoo needs to rest too."

NAMJOON agreed, "Jisoo have been trying to be successful with this ritual for 4 days straight and today she keeps doing it for 2 hours straight. And I think we need to give her a rest especially for her brain if we really want this to be successful. It must be exhausting."

"I agree. Even with these weird things happening around us, we should still learn to rest for awhile. And also, we can't just ignore the fact that it's a holiday that we should celebrate." JENNIE spoke, "So, let's cook our New Year's eve dinner."

"Yeah, we could. We still have ingredients to make some dishes but there are some missing ingredients too." YOONGI said, now diverting the main topic to the New Year's eve celebration.

"Then I can help in buying the ingredients." ROSEANNE volunteered.

"I'll help Chaeyoung with the groceries!" JIMIN exclaimed.

Meanwhile, Namjoon volunteered to bring the cake and pizza, and Taehyung on the wine. While Yoongi, Jennie, Hoseok, and Jisoo stayed to start preparing for the dishes they are about to make.

Although, the three insisted and strictly let Jisoo take a nap. They think that if she gives herself a rest then maybe it will be easier for her to access through the colored doors and hopefully find the rightful door.

Afterwards, everyone got busy with all the things that they are assigned to do. By 5pm, Jisoo woke up and helped everyone prepare.

And by 8pm, all dishes have been cooked and set on the table. All the drinks and desserts have been cooled. All that was left to do was to eat and drink.

The atmosphere was light and everyone treated each other as if they are not under pressure. They even briefly thought of Roseanne as just a normal human being the whole time and was cracking jokes with her.

Indeed when you spend time with this group of friends, no one gets left out.

The angel isn't aloof, but is actually the opposite. It just seemed like that since she was more powerful and above than them, making an impression of her being distant from them.

She is actually caring, it's just that she doesn't only care for Jisoo only but for every living being in the whole world.

It was all going well for two whole hours, until the topic about the colored door ritual was brought up again.