ǝuo

the first disaster

𝐣𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐨 ఌ

𓂀𑁍𓂀

I STARED AT MY REFLECTION and admired at how the makeup artist did wonders on my face. Many say I was incredibly beautiful even without makeup, but I don't really believe them. But this is probably one of those days where I agree with them.

Anyway, I really should be beautiful since this is a big day for me. My 18th birthday.

"What did I tell you? You'll look beautiful. Well, you're still beautiful even without makeup." The makeup artist told me while curling my hair.

I only smiled and nodded a little before continuing to admire myself in my reflection as my makeup and hair stylist curls my last chunk of hair.

"I forgot my hair spray in my studio. Wait here and I'll just borrow from the other stylists." She told me so I nod and then she left.

I was now alone in the room and decided to blast off some good music. I continued to admire my face in my reflection when all of a sudden the colors of my reflection faded. All became in black and white.

I was utterly confused, but when I look in my surroundings, the colors were normal. The only odd thing are the colors in the mirror.

"What is happening?" I muttered under my breath.

Slowly, my reflection and everything else faded and a new scene emerged in to the mirror. It was still in black and white, but it DEFINITELY DOES NOT look like my reflection or even a slight trace from the room I am in.

Instead, the place was different. For a split second, I thought it's a picture. Then it moved. Like it was a scene from a movie and the mirror was a TV screen. Like I was watching a movie in the living room of our house.

I watched the scene in the mirror. It was somehow hard to identify what's actually going on at first since everything was in black and white. Then familiar faces appears on the mirror.

Mom and dad...

Smiling happily.

I was confused why I was seeing both of my parents in the mirror. Though nothing seems odd and I continued watching the scene infront of me, while thinking what is it that this was. Is it a scene from the present? A hallucination? But I am not crazy to have one. Is this a dream, perhaps?

Just then, the faces of my parents changed. From happy, fear etched across their faces as they were staring something from far away. But I couldn't see who or what they are staring at. I found their sudden change of mood odd.

Suddenly, their faces changed again. This time, it was pain. Pure agony. As if something had hit them. That's when I saw it.

The red color.

The only color that I saw, other from black and white.

My eyes widen when the red color were coming out of their chests, then at their mouth. Just after a few seconds, the white in their eyes turned black and they began shedding tears out of their eyes. Everything in the mirror were still black and white, except for some parts of their chest and the surroundings of the mouth.

Everything in the scene became a total chaos as some people went by my parents side while others ran somewhere. I clutched my mouth when I saw another familiar person in the scene. She was holding my parents and she's crying in agony while wearing a familiar dress.

That girl was...

me...