Chapter 14: Duel

"A fight? Wait Natsu, Naruto just got back from a mission. He hasn't gotten a break ever since he and I met. Of all times to ask for a fight why now? Let Naruto take it easy." Erza chastised.

 "What!? But Naruto said it was okay!" Natsu pouted in objection. 

 Naruto chuckled softly, "Erza it's okay. Don't worry about me. I am completely fine." 

Erza sighed, "I just feel like everything has been moving so fast and you haven't gotten a chance to just settle down."

"I agree with Erza, but let's just see what will happen. I mean come on, Natsu has always wanted to fight Naruto. It will just be a friendly little spar, we won't let it escalate too much." Mira chimed.

"Natsu you stupid fireball, you realize how incredibly lucky you are? I know there are lots of people out there who would've loved to spar with the legendary Naruto Uzumaki. And here you are, just casually challenging him to a fight." Gray smirked. 

"I do have a question, how are we going to spar without causing a ruckus in the town?" Naruto asked. 

 "There's an easy solution to that. We have our own training grounds, very wide and spacious. That should do." Makarov hummed. 

"This is exciting, mind if we watch?" Levy asked elatedly. 

 "Yeah of course! Everybody is welcome to watch!" Naruto replied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, what are the rules?" Naruto asked as he and Natsu stood on the Fairy Tail training grounds, facing each other. Both prepared to engage in battle as the rest of the spectators watched from above in the sidelines.

  "The first to be rendered immobile is the loser," Erza explained simply as she stood in between Naruto and Natsu, holding her hand up high, preparing to start-off the fight.

  "Are you both ready?" Questioned Erza. The two nodded in confidence, Erza gave one final nod before her hand struck down, commencing the fight. "Let the fight begin!"

Impulsively Natsu charged ahead at Naruto, who in which immediately effortlessly escapes as Naruto flashes out of sight. Everyone leaped to the edge of the sidelines as they surveyed the training grounds looking for Naruto in the midst of the dust cloud created by Natsu.

 "So fast! He's like lightning, he just flashed out of sight!" Cana shouted in dazzle. 

"Crap where did he go!?" Natsu shouted in panic as he searched everywhere for his opponent as the dust caught in his eyes. Without a warning, Natsu felt a sharp jab to his side and before he knew it he was sent flying across the training grounds.

 Natsu groaned, "Holy crap that hurt." 

Natsu slowly got back up onto his feet, he saw dozens of oddly shaped kunai knives spread about the training grounds. 

Natsu saw blurred flashes around him as his eyes tried keeping up with the lightning speed of the blur and without another warning-"AHRGG! Crap!" 

"I'm sick of this! Fire Dragon: Roar!" Natsu growled as a pit of fire shot from his mouth. He swirled around frantically, hoping that Naruto would be caught up in the thick of his flames.

To Natsu's dismay, he once again felt yet another sharp jab to his side as he was flung across the training grounds.

"Damn his attacks are starting to hurt!" Natsu grunted. He grasped his sides in pain, in another effort to get a shot at Naruto, Natsu once again unleashes another round of his Fire Dragon: Roar.