Chapter 13: Naruto and Erza

Erza and Naruto headed back over to the bar. "Hey Mira, me and Naruto are going on a job, we'll be back soon. If the others ask, just tell them exactly that." Erza told Mira.

  "Oooo, just you and Narutoooo~" Mira cooed. Erza shook her head, turning her head away from both Naruto and Mira, both in which chuckled silently to themselves. Erza felt her cheeks once again flush.

   "I'm just messing with ya Erza! You both have fun!" Mira beamed happily. Mira was not a fool, Erza rarely showed any emotion, so it was pretty obvious to Mira that Erza was beginning to admire Naruto differently.

   Naruto smiled, "I sure will! Come on Erza."

   Natsu noticed the two and eyed them suspiciously. He quickly caught up with them just before they exited the guildhall.

   "Hey, where are you two going off to?" Natsu asked, eyebrows slightly furrowed.

  "Going on a mission with Naruto," Erza answered nonchalantly.

  Natsu raised his brows, "WHAT!!! That's not fair, I wanted to go on a mission with Naruto!!"

   Erza sighed.

  Naruto laughed, "Calm down man, don't worry, you'll go on a mission with me soon. I'm just going on an easy one to get a taste of these jobs."

  Natsu huffed childishly, "Fine."

"Yeah, you fireball, stop being so stupid!" Gray suddenly fired. Natsu then turned his attention over the ice wizard.

  "WHAT?!" Natsu hollered.

  All while, the rest of the guild members just sighed.

  "Well, I hope you have fun Naruto! See ya later!" Lucy replied enthusiastically.

"Yeah, Naruto, just ignore this idiot fireball. Be safe and have fun man!" Gray followed.

Naruto waved over to his fellow blonde and the ice wizard, "Thanks, Lucy! Gray! I will!"

With that, Naruto and Erza finally set out for Naruto's first official job. A small smile crept up Erza's face as she silently rejoiced to herself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Naruto and Erza walked alongside each other as they strolled down the streets of Magnolia. Erza eyed the shinobi intently. Even though Erza knew she was able to spend time with Naruto during their journey to Galuna Island, she was eager and grateful to be able to go on this job and hopefully, bond with Naruto more.

   Naruto is so closed off and distant from Erza and the rest of the Fairy Tail guild. Erza really hoped to bring him warmth so that eventually, he would open up to either her or the guild.

   Erza knew that it wasn't healthy for Naruto to keep his feelings and thoughts bottled up like this. It must be painful for Naruto and Erza will do everything in her power to release Naruto from this pain.

   After the long silent walk, Naruto finally speaks up.

  "So, how are we supposed to get to this train we are guarding?" Naruto asked.

  "Well, first, we have to arrive at the train station. After, we wait for our train to come and from there, I believe that's where our job begins." Erza explained.

   "I see. I understand. Seems simple enough. I am curious to see how these jobs work. It will take a long while for me to settle in and get used to everything. It is all still very new to me, so I am completely dependent on you and the guild. At least, until I can get myself around town without getting lost and until I am stable with these jobs." Naruto said.