Chapter 10: Naruto Joins Fairy Tail

A load of questions flowed through Erza's head as she eyed Naruto while he walked leisurely with his hands tucked comfortably in his pockets.

So many questions and so many desired answers to them.

Erza trailed behind Naruto as the rest of the group lead them in front. On their way back to the guild.

Erza felt that she and Naruto already have a connection, but still felt very distanced to him due to his closed-off nature and she hoped to fix that.

She took in a deep breath, finally gathering the encouragement to pick up her pace, go up to Naruto and ask him a question that still has never left her mind.

"Naruto." She called. 

Catching the attention of Natsu, Lucy, Gray and Happy as they turned around to look at the pair.

Naruto stopped walking and looked at her attentively, waiting for her to speak.

"Now that you've gone on your very first adventure in this world, what are you going to do? Will you...join our guild? Will you join Fairy Tail?" Erza asked.

Naruto stayed silent, he was actually just pondering about it as he walked. He was still unsure about it, but he knew it would be good for him to join a guild, make new friends and learn more about this world.

"Well...." Naruto began. 

 Erza looked at him, anxiously anticipating the answer and bracing for him to say no. But to her pleasant surprise...

"I don't see why not." Naruto finally said. 

 Everyone ceased their walking and looked at Naruto with wide, surprised but ultimately excited and elated eyes.

"Really Naruto!? You really mean it!?" Natsu jumped ecstatically.

  Naruto chuckled and nodded.

Erza let out a heavy breath, although she was not expecting this response from Naruto she was utterly happy that he will be joining Fairy Tail.

  "I'm happy to hear that you will be joining us Naruto." She smiled.

"It will only do me good and no harm, I know that I cannot just remain isolated forever in this world. I wanna know and learn more about this interesting world of yours. And I believe the best way to do that is to start by joining a guild. And since I've already been introduced and more than acquainted with ya'll, I've decided to join the Fairy Tail Guild." Naruto asserted.

Lucy's eyes lit up with delight. 'Wow! This is so cool!'

Erza cannot help but beam with utter excitement herself.

"So Naruto, what's your plan gonna be?" She asked.

"Well first, I'll officially become a member of Fairy Tail. And to be honest, I have no idea what to do after. Perhaps I'll go on a mission. I'm presuming that I'm gonna need some way to sustain and support myself. And to do that I'll need money, and seeing how your little S-class mission was suppose to come with a fat reward of money, I'm assuming for a wizard to make money they must go on missions. Correct me if I'm wrong." Naruto said.

"Wow, that is very true. That is amazing, you were able to figure out that much already? That is too cool." Gray smirked.

Naruto shrugged nonchalantly, "I merely just observed. Nothing too impressive."

Natsu was an absolute daze by this legendary shinobi. Since the beginning, Naruto was an idol to Natsu, someone to look up to and strive to be like.