X

My wet body made the cold wind even more chilling, after tonight I'd never felt so shaken. The nightmare, the crash and the scared Lanai people. I felt every single gust of wind hit my skin through the woven blanket I had. My saber had rolled out of my hand and I had no need to put it back unless necessary.

Suddenly a large gust of wind poured through my home, I slowly opened my eyes and struggled to see anything, my body not fully awake yet. My teeth chattered as my whole body trembled from the unforgiving cold, the fire I once made now completely extinguished. I sat up in my bed and my whole body froze, my curtain was waving in the wind. There was not enough wind to move it as much as it was, my breathing started to quicken, I couldn't think straight. My eyes searched my now dark room, the light having been put out, either by the cold or someone putting it out.

I stood up from my bed and walked toward the curtain, pulling it open and seeing all the Lanai people out talking to each other. I rolled my eyes and was about to head back to bed when I heard the horrifying sound of someone breathing and it wasn't me. I hesitated to move as my entire body froze, whoever was behind me wasn't moving either, a choked breath falling from their lips.

I whipped around and made my lightsaber fly to my hand, I ignited the weapon and held the weapon inches from the intruders face. I glared my eyes and furrowed my brow at them, shakily holding the saber in front of their face. The yellow light casted an eerie glow on...Ben.

"b...Ben?" I asked weakly, I lowered the lightsaber and stood in the darkness. Shock, happiness, relief, satisfaction...everything good filled my soul as I saw his face. He looked just as relieved yet terrified as I did.

"Is it really you?" I asked, tears filling my eyes. I heard him moving around, he walked over to my lantern and lit the wick, creating a small amount of light in my home. He stepped away from the lantern and I saw his face, he looked scared but his eyes were dying to greet me. My breathing hitched and I dropped my saber to the ground, the weapon powering off and leaving the room in complete silence. I looked him up and down, his hair was wet and sticking to his face, the black locks still complimented his face just as well. his clothes were simple and he looked like himself. His once dark grey shirt was now black as the water soaked it, his black pants were somewhat dry but his shoes were completely drenched. I pushed my hair behind my head and tried to blink away the tears.

His breathing was deep but shaky. I slowly walked toward him, he didn't move but his eyes followed mine as I moved closer. I stood inches apart and cautiously lifted my hand, I slowly moved it toward his face...please don't let this be a dream.

I hovered my hand above his skin, his eyes searched mine as if he was wondering what I was waiting for. I placed my hand on his cool skin and I breathed in a choked breath, the tears falling down my face as I rubbed my thumb across his face. He placed his hand over mine and let out a sigh of relief, I searched his eyes for what to do next. He quickly wrapped his arms around me, releasing a breath he was holding. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his hips out of sheer excitement. I buried my face in his shoulder and cried out in happiness, he ran his hand over my hair and buried his face within it.

"You found me" I cried happily, he nodded his head and held me closer.

"I never stopped looking" he confessed, I didn't even care if he was freezing cold, he warmed me up.

"How did you do it?" I asked, he pushed apart the hug and stared at me.

"The first order was overthrown" he said simply, I nearly threw up. I stared at him with wide eyes and he nodded his head, "my mother sent out a call to anyone that wanted to fight that thousands showed up. They rose up around the galaxy and destroyed command ships everywhere, first order ruled cities were overrun" he explained, I couldn't even form words, the only thought I could think about was if Ben was free.

"Are you?...are you free...of it all?" I asked tearfully, he smiled at me and put my face in his hands. He nodded and a tear fell down his face, I smiled more then I ever have before.

"We can be together...away from everything" he offered, I tilted my head in to his hand and put my hand on top of it.

"We can live...and die happy" a tear fell down my face, Ben's eyes flickered down to my lips and I did the exact same thing.

He lowered his face to mine and our lips touched each other just enough that I melted in his hands. I lowered my head and stopped the kiss, we leaned our foreheads together and Ben looked nervous. I bit my lip and kept myself from saying anything strange or out of the ordinary. He reached around my head and grabbed a piece of my hair, the long locks spiraling down his finger.

"You look good with long hair" he complimented, I laughed and looked up at him, his deep brown eyes made me feel warm inside. A tear fell from my eye once again, I couldn't help but wipe it away.

"It's good to just...see you, it's been so long" I cried weakly, his face turned sadly soft and he put a hand on my face.
"Well you did pick one of the hardest places to find in the galaxy" he joked, I laughed and sniffled my nose. "Why don't we get out of here" he said confidently, I tilted my head and started to laugh.

"We don't have a ship" I said plainly, he smiled and grabbed my hand. Pulling me outside of the home and reaching in to a pocket in his pants, a blinking red light flashed in his hand.

"We don't, but they do" he said happily, I looked up in the sky and saw an orange and white ship ready to land on Ahch-To. I gasped at the sight of the ship, it was my exit from the place.

I watched as the ramp lowered and a familiar face was waiting for me.

"Finn?"