VI

Three months later...

"Rey are you alright?" Luke asked, I opened my eyes and lowered myself to the ground. Landing on my feet and walking over to him, recently I've been becoming saddened by the fact that Ben still hadn't found me yet.

"I've just been distracted" I admitted, Luke looked at me like I was stupid. I gave a small smile and sat down on a flat, slick rock behind me. My now extremely long hair falling down my back, the tiny braid on the back of my neck becoming a familiar feeling.

"Three months ago I asked Ben Solo to find me, no first order...no Kylo Ren, just Ben" I confessed, Luke sat down himself, his tan robes flowing in the evening wind as we conversed.
"I just thought he would find me by now" the words were coming straight from my heart, it's not only that I thought he would find me by now, but I wanted him to find me. I know that is selfish and I shouldn't feel that way but at the same time...I'm human.

Luke placed his metal hand on knee and tapped his ring finger, "patience Rey, it took my sister many, many years to find me. It could be the same for you I'm afraid" he said softly, although the words were depressing, I had to tell myself they were true.

"Come, I have something to show you" Luke announced, I looked up at him and he pointed toward my staff. "Bring that with you" he instructed. I nodded and wrapped my hand around my staff, the familiar weapon in my grasp.

Luke led me towards the core of the island, where the mural of light and dark rested in the floor of the island. Luke motioned his hand toward a stone slab in the side of the earthly core. The crevasse in the front of the dreary cave was open and filled the room with evening sun, creating an orange glow on the large room.

"You have been blindly carrying around something very special Rey" he said happily, he pointed at my staff and right at the tip of his finger was a notch in the weapon I'd never noticed before. I stared at it disbelief, how could I have never noticed that? It looked like a button, "when you came to find me, and we fought..." he said calmly, "I sensed something within the staff but you were too fed up with figuring out Ben's past" he explained, I couldn't argue with his logic there.

"What is it?" I asked, looking back at Luke and seeing his pleased face. I furrowed my brow and grabbed either side of the staff, I twisted the staff and it clicked. I gasped and pulled apart the two halves, I looked inside the staff and saw a divot where something was hiding. I cupped my hand and let the object fall. A small, yellow stone fell in to the palm of my hand, curiosity filled me as I stared at the little stone. I showed it to Luke and he smiled, look extremely pleased with himself.

"Go do me a favor and meditate at the peak" he instructed happily, I smiled and ran out of the core. I hastily climbed the mountain, a smile bright on my face.

As I ran, excitement and anticipation filled me, I wanted to know what that little rock was but I had to be patient.

I sat on the stone slab atop the mountain, looking over the entire skyline of the watery planet, which no longer felt like a prison or a burden, it felt like home.

I closed my eyes and thought about everything around me like the short trees, the Lanai people, the sounds of the Lanai cooking food for themselves.

Then the hair stood up on the back of my neck, I opened my eyes and saw Ben standing in front of me, sweaty and exhausted. I gasped at the sight of him and I wished I could help b it he was far away.

"What's happened to you?" I asked, his breaths were deep and heavy. He couldn't speak, he looked drained of everything, I reached out my hand but he stopped me.

"No" he said quickly, I snapped my hand back and had to painfully watch as he sat himself down on a crate. "I'm tired that's all" he said plainly but I knew he was up to something.

"You can tell me" I said softly, he nodded his head and wiped his forehead. He looked up at me and I could see the confusion in his face.

"I've been trying to find you...but I can't" he said hopelessly, he dropped his head in his hands and I could feel his heart beat faster. Something in the back of my mind screamed for me to tell him where I was, but that was temptation.

"I'm sorry, I want to tell you but I can't" I confessed, he nodded his head more and looked up from his hands, straight in to my eyes.

Suddenly he started to whip he head around, frantically searching or listening. "I will find you" he said hopefully, I smiled and then the connection broke.

Except I didn't lonely like I normally did, he was close...my heart was telling me he was so close yet so far.