V

I couldn't hide it anymore, I saw his dreams and he wanted the same thing, he wanted me too. I could never love Kylo Ren, never in a thousand years...but I loved the idea of Ben being Ben.

He took a deep breath and had the same emotion in his face, blood rushed to my face in embarrassment. I tried to pull my hand away but he didn't let go, his eyes trained on mine. He was so vulnerable, so open at this moment, I could see everything I wanted to see about him.

We didn't say a word to each other, it was just pure admiration for each other, silent admiration. My breathing hitched and he breathed out a quick breath.

"What now?" He asked, his voice sounding ashamed. This question sounded so simple yet there were thousands of answers.
what was next?

"Find me, not the first order, not Kylo Ren..." I instructed.

"But me" he said quietly, his eyes becoming soft, "can you tell me?"

I smiled and felt his thumb rub the back of my hand, the feeling made my stomach twirl. I shook my head and gave him a sad smile, "when you're ready, come find me"

I let go of his hand and gave him one last smile before breaking the connection. The loneliness quickly entered me like a flood, I let out a sigh and laid back down in bed, thinking over if he would really look for me.

-----

Light poured through the small window in the my home, I quickly jumped out of bed and ran out of my home. I was genuinely happy when I saw Luke floating over a rock about fifty feet away. I ran over to him and waited for him to finish what he was doing, which was an awkward thirty seconds.

"You spoke to Ben again...didn't you?" He asked out of no where, anxiety washed over me but I wasn't going to lie.

"Can I ask how you know?" I asked bravely, Luke just raised an eyebrow and lowered his feet to the ground.

"I can feel it within you, you're compassion for him is strong. It's very apparent you care for him Rey, and I'm afraid that's dangerous" he warned, disappointment filled me as Luke said those words.

"Yes Master" I answered, Luke's face changed to serious, no longer coddling or compassionate for me.

"When I'm training you, you cannot do that anymore, not only does it endanger you...it endangers everyone around you" he said in a quick, harsh tone. I nodded my head and rubbed the palm of my hand, the one that Ben held.

"Do you know what it is? What Ben and I share?" I asked, he nodded his head slowly and pointed at me. "You and Ben Solo share a connection that hasn't been seen in generations of the force, you're a dyad"

"A dyad?" I asked, he nodded his head and put his ghostly hand on my shoulder. Though I couldn't feel it physically, I knew it was there.

"You two are very powerful together, that is why the stronger you become, the more power there is between the two of you" Luke explained, I nodded my head and reached for my belt. Grasping the saber and extending it toward him, he smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Place that aside, your first lesson is about the force" he said happily, he led me around the island, telling me many things about the force.

"Control is internal. It is the Jedi's ability to recognize the Force in themselves and to use it to his or her benefit" he explained, "you cannot use the force by convincing yourself you have it, you have to feel it"

I nodded my head, I closed my eyes and sat on the slab at the peak, I could feel the breeze from the shore. It no longer felt repetitive, it felt brand new with every crash of the wave. The heat coming down from the sun felt energizing and clear, i could feel the beams enter my skin as I focused harder.
-
I sat there with my eye closed for hours on end, the hot sun seeping in to my skin and my mind and body trying to focus around it all.

"Sense everything around you, hear the Lanai speaking to each other. Hear the waves hitting the rocks on the shore, smell the grass and salt in the air...Rey, feel everything" Luke instructed, and I could feel everything...it was clear. I could feel, see, smell and hear everything that had life force and I could sense where things lack there of.

"I can see it" I announced, I heard a chuckle and I wanted to open my eyes but I knew I would lose focus over my sense.

"Rey, look" Luke called, I was almost surprised to here his voice farther away then what I remembered.

I opened my eyes and saw myself sitting with my legs crossed, I looked even more and saw how far off the ground I was. I whipped my head around to see rocks circling around me, as if I created this.

"What's happening?" I asked, Luke smiled and pointed to the rocks.

"Force sense, you recognize the force in the universe around you and you know it's there" he explained, I closed my eyes and focused myself to go back toward the ground but not gracefully. I fell to the slab and landed hard on my tailbone, I hissed in pain but couldn't help but laugh at my lack of grace.

"What's next?" I asked, he smirked and turned his back to me, walking toward another part of the island that he most likely remembered quite well.