IV

"Rey" Ben's voice called, I opened my eyes and looked to the side. I was shocked to see him also lying down in his own bed, it was oddly intimate to see him like this. His eyes were said, I could read the pain in them.

"What?" I asked quietly, I didn't want to seem annoyed or invaded even though I was both of those things. I rolled on to my side and pulled the blanket I had over my arms, as a...shield I guess.

"Why are you excited?" He asked, I sucked in a quick breath and furrowed my brow at him.

"I'm not" I lied, but he scoffed and rolled on to his wife as well, his hair falling in to his face. He ran his fingers through his hair and pushed it out of the way.

"Don't lie, I wouldn't lie to you so don't lie to me" he demanded softly, I blinked a couple times and took a deep breath.

"I can't tell you" i nodded my head for myself and looked away from his disappointed eyes, "if I did...you'd try and kill me" I said sadly, I looked back up at him and he looked ashamed.

"I don't want to kill you Rey, you're different. There is a connection between us that I don't want to go away" he confessed, his eyes widened and his face showed quick regret of his words.

I took a quick breath and watched as he lowered his eyes from mine, embarrassed by his own words failing him. "Do you remember when you wanted me to take your hand?" I asked, he nodded his head but still avoided eye contact.

"When you said I was worthless...but not to you" I started to say, but my thoughts trailed and I couldn't finish. I laughed quietly to myself and bit my lip, "what did you mean by that?" I asked. His eyes migrated to meet mine but stopped at my lips before quickly jumping to my eyes, the moment was strangely invigorating.

"It's the truth, together we can rule by each others side. I saw your future, you turned to the dark side with me and together we brought a new order to the galaxy" he explained with excitement clear in his voice but I couldn't agree. I shook my head and sat up in the bed, covering my face with my hands and trying not to cry. He sat up as well, the blanket he had fell off of him and revealed his upper body. It was strange to see him this exposed, it was all too much for what was happening.

"That won't happen Ben...I don't want to rule the galaxy by your side" I explained, he sat up too but when I looked over he was without a shirt or cowl. I averted my eyes quickly, his pale skin seemingly glowing in the moonlight.

"What would you like to do then?" He asked, I looked directly in to his eyes and I didn't see Kylo Ren...I saw Ben. I looked at my hands and took a deep breath.

"I want to live in peace, away from the first order, away from the force...I want to die-" I stopped what I was going to say and looked back at him, his eyes were longing for me to finish. "I want to die happy" I confessed, a small smile appeared on his face, it was a good moment. But the moment was fleeting, his face turned cold and he averted his eyes from mine, but I wouldn't let him leave like he did before. I quickly reached my hand out and touched his bare shoulder, the action frightening him and surprising me...I can't believe I just did that.

"Don't you want that too?" I asked, I could tell he did but he was so scared to admit it. He was power hungry but also did not want the power, he just wanted to be Ben but had the weight of the galaxy on his shoulders.

He looked up at me and nodded, the action so small but it meant so much. I smiled and suddenly felt the same feeling when we first touched. I could sense everything he was feeling inside, his thoughts, conflicts and...dreams.
I smiled and was brought back to Ben's sight, his face looked confused and searched my eyes for an answer.

"I knew it" I mumbled, his face became frozen with fear but I just gave him a warm smile. "Ben..."

"Don't" he said quickly, my heart sank as he stopped what I was going to say, "you can't change what I've done, let the past die Rey. Take my hand and rule with me" he demanded, I shook my head and swung my legs over the bed. Completely facing him now, he did the exact same.

"You don't want that" I breathed out, his face turned to anger. "You want to prove you're someone you're not, just...stop!" I cried, a tear fell down my face. He was shocked by my sudden change in volume, but he needed to hear me, he needed to LISTEN.

"Why?" He asked, his voice sounding conflicted on its own. "Why do you want to see the good in me, you said it yourself, I killed Ben Solo" he hissed, I shook my head and reached my hand out again.

"Take my hand" I demanded, he furrowed his brow and shook his head. "Take my hand and I'll tell you why" I spit, his arm hesitated to move, I saw it, he wanted to. He averted his eyes from me, but I wouldn't let him shy away. "Just take my hand Ben...please" I begged, he looked back at me and took a shaky deep breath before reaching out and grabbing my hand. He held my hand like it was a handshake but that's not what I meant, I let go and twisted my palm against his. His hand was much bigger then mine but that wasn't the point, I interlocked my fingers in between his and he took a sharp intake of breath.

"I see the good in you, because I want to Ben...not because I want you to join the light side or because I believe that you can become a Jedi" I explained, tears running down my face. "But because I want you to be good, I want you to be with..."

He raised his eyebrows and parted his lips, "with what?" He asked softly, his tone more curious then ever before.

"With me" I answered.