IX

I jumped out of bed and grabbed my light grey cloak, pulling the hood over my head as I ran outside in to the violent pouring rain. The water was so thick I could barely see in the dark night, barely lit by the moon. A woman ran up to me and pointed toward the cove, shouting about smoke and evil. I raised my hand toward my home and felt my lightsaber fly to my hand. I sprinted toward the cove, my hood flying off of my head as I ran.

As I ran closer to the cove, I could see the smoke rising from the area. The steep drop was nothing to me now, I would've been terrified last year, but Ahsoka taught me a little bit about big falls.

I peered over the edge to see a ship I couldn't identify smoking in the cove, having struck a spire and been abandoned by the pilot. I jumped off the edge and made myself land softly, I grasped my lightsaber and ignited the weapon. I could sense someone was close but I didn't know who, I couldn't tell. I walked up to the ship and saw it was a regular tie fighter, except a glove was caught on a piece of the wreckage. I walked up to the glove, I ran my fingers along the black material and pulled it from the smoking ship. I examined the glove and dropped it in the sand, I turned to the dark cove and walked cautiously around the damp cave. I pushed my long, wet hair behind my head and removed my cloak, letting it drop in the sand below.

"Who's there?" I called, my voice piercing the deathly still silence. "Come out of the darkness" I demanded, my voice raspy from sleepiness.

The silence was deafening, the sound of the waves filling my ears. "Last chance" I warned, "Come in to the light" I shouted. Suddenly my feeling of someone being close faded, I felt alone again. The hairs on my neck lowered and the once killer silence no longer scared me, I was truly alone again.

My breathing became quick and uneasy. What if they were tricking me? If they had to force as well and wanted me to feel safe.
I held my hand out in front of me and closed my eyes, I felt around for anything at all, any disturbances...any unavoidable feeling.

But I couldn't feel anything, whoever was here was just ..gone.

I threw my lightsaber and made it circle around the whole cove, the light shining on every inch I could make it, nothing. I made my saber come back to my hand as I turned to leave. My mind was racing on what I felt but I couldn't wrap my mind around what has happened tonight, I picked up my cloak, dissatisfied with myself. I crouched on my knee and launched myself back up to the village, the Lanai looked at me for a good word but I could tell them was to be alert tonight, and that I'd be up in my home awake, although I was dead tired.

I sadly walked back to my home at the farthest point the stone homes reached. I walked in to my home and sat down on my bed, throwing my cloak across the dirt floor. I ran my fingers through my wet hair and felt the shame of not being able to assure the safety of the Lanai.

I laid back on my bed and set my lightsaber on my chest, I would need to be alert, but I also needed my rest. I felt the disappointment of my false hope, I somehow believed it was finally Ben. That after nearly two years he'd finally found me, but I was wrong. I would sense of something was wrong, I kept my lantern on.

I closed my eyes and kept my saber in my hand, ready to jump awake to defend myself or the Lanai.