III

I slid off of the rock and pulled the lightsaber from my belt, igniting the weapon and trying to remember what Leia taught me about the weapon. Controlled strikes, never unlock your elbows and never take your eyes off of your target. I swung the saber around as i remembered with Leia, never above my head and never scooping unless necessary.

I let go of the saber and held my hand flat out, it fell about a foot before it stopped midair and flew back in to my hand. I smirked at the action and powered off the lightsaber, I hooked it back on my belt and turned to look at the edge of the peak.

About thirty feel away was a spire almost as tall as the peak I was on. I backed up to the opposite edge of the peak and crouched down, I looked up from the ground and pushed myself from the ground. I ran as fats I could to the edge and placed my foot on the curve of the peak, launching myself from the peak. I focused my energy to the force below me, I carried myself as far I could before lowering myself.

I unfortunately missed the edge of the spire and slammed in to the side of the rock.

"Ow" I mumbled, I looked up at started to climb up the rock, pulling my body weight up as I struggled to reach the top.
I extended my hand for a rock but as I put my weight on the object, it fell loose and made a shock go through my body. I yelped and grabbed another rock, I took deep, frantic breaths and tried to calm myself down. I continued my climb until I reached the top, the pads of my fingers becoming rough and ripped up. I pushed my body to the top and laid down on the rock, the uneven texture giving my body no ease.

"Why did you want me to come here?" I asked into the sky, wishing I could ask that exact question to Leia.

-----

Night had fallen on the island, my body was sore and tired from my makeshift training. I sat by my fire, cooking a fish I caught earlier in an iron pan one of the Lanai gave me.

I stared at the fish in sorrow, not for the fish but for myself. I would rot on this island, becoming nothing more then a distant memory to the few who knew who I was.

I stood up from the pan and walked outside, the breeze from the water making my hair fly in my face. I fiddled with my now long hair, the greasy locks feeling strange as they fell down my back. I stared at the waves that fell over the side of the island, I remembered when I was back on Jakku and I wished to see great bodies of water.

Now I wish I could see anything but these waves, the beautiful, repetitive waves that I would stare at for the rest of my life.

The smell of burning fish filled my nose as I turned around and saw the food now black as night. I frantically ran to it and pulled it off of the plate, burning my hand in the process. I groaned in pain and dropped the fish on the dirty ground. I held my hand close to my body as it throbbed in pain, I shouted in frustration and pulled the fish from the ground. I placed it on my plate and brushed off the excess dirt in the meal.

"Damn it" I mumbled, I grabbed the Paul of water by my door and dunked my hand inside, the cool feeing felt like needles in my hand and up my arm. I kept my burnt hand in the water as I tried not to breakdown, I've tried so hard to not go crazy these last five months in solitude. I couldn't let a burnt fish send me over the edge.

"Did you really burn your hand on a fish?" A voice said, I whipped around and shouted in fear as I saw a light blue apparition of a man.

I looked a the man for a second longer and almost started crying in relief, "Master Luke" I cried weakly. A content smile appeared on his face as I said his name, I stood up from the pail and walked up to him, a dry tear falling down my face.

"I'be tried so hard to reach you" I confessed, his closed his eyes and nodded his head.

"I know, I knew there would be a time when you would need me the most" he said happily, I laughed and nodded my head.

"Have you spoken to Leia?" I asked sadly, he shook his head and smiled.

"She's resilient, she doesn't need my help, and even if she did, she's make me come to you first" he explained, his words were so true it made me smile.

"I'm glad to see you Master" I said softly, trying not to sob at the sight of his face.

"Yes, I knew you would be, but...tomorrow is a big day, you need your sleep" he advised, I furrowed my brow and looked at him in confusion.

"Why?" I asked, he looked at me like I was stupid and smirked.

"Your training begins" he announced before waving his hand and disappearing. Excitement filled me as I thought about the idea of training with Luke once again.