VIII

One year later...

I sat atop the peak, staring out at the sunset once again, the calming sound of the waves hitting the rocks. I haven't spoken to anyone in so long, isolation is a gift and a curse. The last time I ever got any interaction was when a fallen Jedi who went by the name of Ahsoka Tano, a Togrutan who trained under Anakin Skywalker. She came about eleven months ago just to tell me that Leia and my friends were somewhat safe in hiding. She also taught me about dual lightsaber fighting and how difficult it truly is.

I loved talking with Ahsoka, but the time ran short and she also had to leave me to my own learning.

The loneliness never got to me, I knew there was hope. I haven't been able to connect with Ben at all, I fear something has happened to him.

---

"Luke, Ahsoka...be with me, show me" I begged as I stared at the longing night a head of me, "let me see Finn, Poe or Leia"

I couldn't see anything, just emptiness ahead. I focused as hard as I could, putting all my energy I could muster in to seeing them again. I wasn't desperate for interaction I just wanted a friendly face, just for a second.

Nothing.

"Please" I begged no one, I just wanted to see a familiar face. Anyone.

Emptiness.

I fell back on the slab, exhausted from using my energy to try and reach anyone. I crawled off of the slab and slowly made my way back toward my stone home, sweat rolling down my forehead.

I walked inside and saw a plate of fish and vegetables waiting for me inside, I guess it was a gift for helping the Lanai carrying baskets. I smiled and sat down on my bed, grabbing the full plate and began to eat the steamed fish. The food was delicious, I hadn't had a truly full meal for about a week.

I set my lightsaber down on a stone by my bed and laid back on my bed, trying to relax as much as possible. I stared at the grass ceiling and heard the faint patter of rain hitting the stable ceiling. I quickly closed my windows and pulled my fabric curtain door shut, cutting out the gloomy night. It was completely pitch black in my room, I walked over to the torch by the far window and ignited my lightsaber, lighting the candle inside and powering off the weapon. The dim lighting made my eyes adjusting a bit of a challenge. I crawled into my bed and pulled a blanket above my arms, the chill, wet wind whipping through my slightly covered windows.

I closed my eyes and felt my muscles relax, the sweat from my struggles quickly fading. I took a deep breath but felt my body turn cold, everything around me seemed to fall away.

I opened my eyes and saw a room of reflections around me, each one I looked in to, the reflection copied so I couldn't see myself. I reached my hand up to the reflection and when I touch the sleek, smooth surface I felt a hand on my shoulder. The feeling sent a chill up my spine as I whipped around to see what was touching me.

I was terrified to see myself wearing all black, a hood hiding my hair and I could clearly see a lightsaber in my hand...but it wasn't the one from Luke.

"You feel the darkness in yourself, embrace it and escape this desolate place" my dark self offered...temptation.

"No, you're not real" I spit, teaching for my belt and grabbing my own lightsaber and having it at the ready. My dark self took a slow step toward me, her face was sunken and dead, no happiness in her soul.

"One day, you will see what you were meant to become...when you've destroyed your last distractions, you will see the truth" she spoke softly, but the words were poison to my ears.

"What distractions?" I asked, my dark self laughed an awful laugh and took another step toward me.

"Those traitors you call friends, and that dying old woman you wish you could call a mother but cannot. You've already felt the loneliness...you know that Ben is never coming-"

"Enough!" I yelled, stopping my evil self from continuing. Every word she said was another stab at my heart, she would believe I would kill the only family I've only ever had...and Ben is coming.

"Give up!" She hissed, she bared her teeth and they were pointed and ragged, her eyes became a horrific yellow color and her face became even more sunken. "You are nothing to them! You are meant for more then trying to please the past Jedi! You think you're a Jedi, you're nothing more than a burden to the light!" She spit, my body trembled as she spoke...this was a nightmare.

She angled her head down and ignited her own saber, the red light looked wrong in my hand. The saber was doubled, pronged right next to each other until she flipped them and it became a double-sided lightsaber. "You are worthless" she spit, that was her mistake.

"To you, yes I am...but not to me" I said confidently, I spun my saber in my hand and we circled each other, her yellow eyes trying to intimidate me but I knew she was just a nightmare.

She hissed and charged at me, spinning her saber at incredible speed and almost slashing my thigh. I jumped over her head and raked my saber up her spine, she shrieked in pain and crumpled to the ground. I stood over her and went to slam my saber in to her back but she rolled out of the way and kicked my chin. I stumbled back and felt her saber slice my thigh, I yelped and rolled out of her distance. She stood there confidently, the rage in her so clear. She charged at me and I threw my saber over her head, she watched it fly and I kicked her knee out, a disgusting crack rang through the reflective room. I held my hand in the air and my lightsaber flew back to my hand, I brought down the saber and watched as her dominant arm fell to the ground. She screamed in pain and flailed around, looking up at me with pure fury.

I raised my saber to kill her but she smiled, she wanted me to kill her. I powered off my saber and walked around her, staring at her as she laid their, teaching for her amputated arm.

Then I woke up, drenched in sweat to the sound of the Lanai yelling for help.