"What do we do, John?" she whispers and he starts running his hand through her hair.

"That's our next step," he hums, "But we've got to be practical, love."

"Practical," she repeats tiredly and a smile tugs at his lips. He can't imagine how tired she is.

"It can wait," he whispers, kissing her forehead, "It can wait until you wake up."

++|++

Roxy sleeps for an hour, patting the space beside her in the bed to be met with warm but empty sheets.

When she opens her eyes, for a moment, she completely forgets that she's no longer in her flat but when she remembers, she relaxes somewhat.

Instinctively, her hand moves to rest on her stomach as she sits up, noticing that on his bedside table, there is a piece of paper with John's barely legible writing telling her that he's gone upstairs to get some food. He can't have been gone long.

She looks around the small room again, smiling at the fact that although it's not overly messy, there are some articles of clothing thrown over the back of a chair that's in the corner, his bags -which are still not unpacked- is just as you come down the stairs on the bedside table, next to the clock and the note is a photo of them together, the one that was taken in front of the castle at Disney World.

The creaking of the old stairs makes her put the frame down, looking to see John popping his head around to see if she's awake.

"Hi," she murmurs as he rounds the corner and at the sight of the food in his hands, her stomach growls loudly.

Smiling, he sits down, handing her a plate with a cheese sandwich on it, "We've not got a lot in."

"It's alright," she smiles.

As she digs in, he scratches the back of his neck, "Have you...have you had a chance to think?"

"A little," she shrugs. It was before she'd gone to sleep, while he was humming softly in her ear that she had really thought.

She didn't know how but even though she's only known about this teeny tiny human inside of her for a few hours, she loved them more than she's ever loved anyone.

John put his hand on her leg, "Rox?"

Moving her plate to the side, she turns to look at him, "I know you said we had to be practical but..."

"Yeah?"

"I..." she takes his hand, "I want this baby, John."

She swears she hears his breath hitch as he stares at her, "You do?"

She nods, standing up so she can pace in front of him, "And I know that's it's not going to be easy. Hell, it's going to be one of the hardest things we've ever had to do but I don't care. I don't care because this baby, it's someone that we made and we get to-"

He startles her when he suddenly springs up from the bed, hands cupping her face as he brings her lips to his in a passionate kiss.

"Thank god you said that," he breathes, "I feel the same way."

"You do?"

"Yes," he breathes, "I want this baby, Rox."

Roxanne grins, wrapping her arms around him, "I love you."

"I love you too," he rests his hand on her face again, "So much."

Yeah, they could do this.

++|++

Roxanne knows that she has to talk to Roger sometime and so, later on, when she and John finally emerge from his room, they see that Brian and Rebecca are watching a nature programme on the tv and she knows that this is the right time.

"Becca?" she asks, not wanting to disturb them too much.

"Hm?" she lazily looks over the back of the couch.

"Where's Rog?"

"He's upstairs," she smiles and Roxy says a quiet thank you before turning to John.

"'m going to go talk to him."

"You want me to come?" he asks but she shakes her head.

"No, I'll be fine. I'll be back in a bit."

Before she goes upstairs, she makes him a cup of his one and three-sevenths sugar coffees (seriously, who makes a coffee like that?), carefully climbing the stairs to his room, where she knocks softly on the door.

He's on the bed reading, a pair of glasses resting on the bridge of his nose as he looks up at her.

"Hi," she whispers, crossing the room to put the mug down on the bedside table before nodding towards the bed, "Can I?"

He nods, putting the book on the bedside table as she moves around the bed, laying down beside him and she can't help but smile to herself.

This reminded her of when they were younger; when he and his family came up to visit, Roxy would always sneak into his room. Sometimes they'd play or sneak downstairs to help themselves to her dad's 'secret' stash of biscuits but most of the time, they'd just on the bed, stare at the ceiling and talk.

They lay in silence for a good couple of minutes until Roxy turns onto her side so she can look at him, deciding that she's going to just talk.

But she's scared. Roger has supported her in everything she's done but if he doesn't support her now? She doesn't quite know what she'll do.

"We're going to keep the baby," she finally whispers, hearing him exhale, "John and me and I know that you might be mad though I really hope you're not because..." she stops for a moment. She needs to not cry again because she knows that if she does, she's going go give herself a headache, "Because I'm terrified, Rog. My dad, he's...I don't know how he's going to react but I know that it's not going to be good. 'm gonna to need you, Rog."

"Do you really think that I wouldn't support you in this?" he asks after a solid forty seconds, voice thick, "I've supported you in so much stupid shit, Rox, of course I'm going to be here for you."

"You just got so mad..."

"It was shock," he mumbles, "You're still so young. Are you sure that this is what you want?"

"Yes."

He nods, "Alright then. Then I'll be here. Now come on,"

She smiles as he sits up, doing the same so he can wrap his arms around her.

"Love you," she whispers, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Love you too, Nessie," he murmurs, "You do realise you have to name the baby after me, right?"

"Not a chance, Taylor," they hear John say as he walks by to go to the bathroom and Roxy giggles, giving his arm a light pat.

"I'll talk to him."

++|++

i just want to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a happy new year! i hope that 2020 is good to you. i also want to take the opportunity to say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported my stories, i love every single one of you