Chapter Eighty-Five: The Great War.

IMPRESS.

Chapter Eighty-Three: The Great War

Part 1.

---

The skies were growing grey and sombre as battle broke out through the capital of Asten, clouds of monstrous smoke arising, replacing the sun and leaving the ascending full moon and streaks of fire crossing the afternoon sky as main sources of light.

The King and Queen's coronation had turned into a funeral for many of the noblemen, women and children who were desperately trying to flee the castle. While some others had already successfully escaped the outbreak of war, some were only making it as far as the gate where blood was being shed as if rainfall.

While the witches were trying to lead the army of vampires and wolves to the battlegrounds and restore peace through a fair battle, the demons were killing more than just the armies, raiding homes and killing civilians or anyone who bore relation to the royals, showing no mercy under Master Preston's order to abolish every single vampire there was.

The royals were only just starting to realise that the demons were not there to help them. No, they were there to kill anyone and everyone who was a threat, to ensure a successful overrule and takeover of the Astenian throne.

Thousands were going to get hurt, thousands were going to lose loved ones and thousands were going to die. And the only one who was deemed capable of stopping this endless massacre was the prophecised Icilian human girl of both Ascelyn and Valentine blood.

Natalya Andrea Ascelyn.

The one who was trusted and cherished by all sides fighting in the war. The girl who had been under the care of the royals for the past year and had formed a complicated relationship with the newly-crowned, King Zachary. The human girl whom the werewolves were pretty fond of, due to her services in IMPRESS; the one from a historic family the witches had watched over for centuries. The same girl whose love and bond with the demon king had bloomed into something unbreakable.

Natalya was the glue that held this war together.

Yet the only way she could truly restore and seal the peace between the supernatural was by making the greatest sacrifice known to man and taking her own life.

Alaric's POV~

"Ric!"

I whipped around, searching for Zac after hearing his voice call out my name amidst the battle. "In here!" He frantically waved when I found his head peeking out from a hidden room.