Twenty-Three: Hide And Seek Part 3 (SUMMER SPECIAL)

The more I slowly backed away from Chris, the more annoyed he became.

I was beginning to think of running past him and sliding back into the ballroom, I had literally planned my getaway from this situation in my mind until I realised...

Running wouldn't help.

I learnt that in Icilia.

Running only made vampires angrier. Especially the hungry ones.

I tend to forget that.

I used to always forget in Icilia and that just made me an easier target.

When in a situation like this, you just have to take the pain, let it seem like you aren't scared at all and are used to the feeling of agony.

Personally, unless it was Fredrick, the more a vampire would bite and drink from me back in Icilia, the more it became quite pleasurable and the more willing I was when a vampire wanted to drink from me.

Well, that's just me but I feel like my blood does something to make it satisfying to be drunk from because others would definitely say different.

It was known. No human liked the pain, no human or slave would ever live for long especially surrounded by more than one vampire, yet, here I am.

Living.

Breathing.

Still human.

On that thought, when Chris' eyes had gone into a complete velvet red ocean, I stopped backing up and instead followed my instinct to move towards him instead of running.

Chris stole his opportunity to tightly grasp onto my waist until it hurt so bad that I was certain there would be red marking.

At the same time, his fangs lengthened in front of my eyes as I lifted my hand and placed it behind his head in order to bring him down to my neck.

Chris was surprised but impressed by the fearless action, I saw it through the devilish smirk that had grown on his face.

"So I guess this is permission for me to hurt you," Chris attractively mumbled, letting his breath hit my neck whilst his nose brushed against my skin.

Due to the nose brushing, I felt my skin start to feel tingly.

I didn't allow myself to tremble or show hesitation in my voice when I replied in a whisper into his ear, "I guess it is... But... Only if you help me with something after this bite."

I wasn't letting him taste my blood without doing me a favour in exchange.

A favour such as introducing me to Richard Harris and showing me to his room so I could find clues leading to who murdered my parents and burnt down my village.

Chris didn't take a second to respond, "I'd be happy to help with anything, my love."

My love?

Before I could think through his choice of addressing me, the pain struck me like an arrow hitting the bullseye in archery.

It was almost like the intensity of it all had been injected into my bloodstream.

If the pain had a name, it would be Bitch.

Chris was surprisingly gentle, however, at the same time brutal.

The gentle part was the fact his arms were wrapped around my small but curved waist, keeping me secure and locked against his front.

The brutal bit was the tearing of my neck, the burning and torturous ache which was spreading throughout my entire body because of his thirst.

But... something was slow about the way Chris was drinking from me, it was like he was struggling to swallow my blood quickly.