Chapter Forty-Eight: The Nixonited-Ink.

IMPRESS.

A GIF OF EVELYN ABOVE

Chapter Forty-Eight: The Nixonited-Ink.

[Sorry for any errors in this chapter, I will fix them later]

---

Alexander's POV~

After last night we are all a little bit... Tired and... Quite stressed?

Speaking for myself only, I am disheartened and surprised on top of it all. By the news that was revealed unexpectedly... The news about Lord and Lady Redwell's oldest son Fredrick who'd raped Natalya back in Icilia.

It pained me. It really did. It pained a lot of people as well and it hurt me that I hadn't had a chance to speak to her alone.

She was with her brother right now, hopefully getting the comfort she needed most.

"The witches are quiet, they could attack at any given moment. We need to be ready!" Father slammed his fist on the war plan centre of the circle that consisted of myself, my brother, Queen Melisandre and the royal council.

Here I thought the witches had good intentions after saving Natalya from death, I was clearly wrong. But should I be concerned that Evelyn seemed very close with them and that I haven't seen her for a while?

Should I be concerned that the witches were really insistent on saving Natalya? Why would they want to save a human with nothing to do with them unless they were certainly close to Evelyn.

Nothing made sense.

Father, the King was very stressed and whenever he was this stressed his old temper would reappear. A frightening temper I must add.

"We cannot show weakness! It has taken our family centuries for us to have what we have now, us vampires have never been more powerful. We cannot and I REPEAT - CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE!!" Father pushed himself away from the table and ran his hand down his face, shaking his head in frustration.

Melisandre had her signature poker face as she muttered under her breath, "I warned everyone not to trust that conniving black witch."

"Mother, please..." Zac exhaustedly sighed.

Soloman, a loyal knight that had served our family for generations spoke up in an attempt to reassure father, "Creon. All we need is a strategy. We have the werewolves, the demons and an entire army of vampires ready to attack whenever you desire."

Father clenched his fists and lowered his head down from staring up at the ceiling. "You are right Sir Soloman, but how can we be sure that the witches haven't made a deal with King Preston either and gathered a big army of powerful witches that they've hidden out somewhere."

Soloman opened his mouth to speak but no words came out, Lord Hansol had to speak in his place. "We have what Preston wants, the human girl. And you have royal blood just as powerful as witch magic."

Lord Hansol spoke well, so well that he earned a small smile from my father and even the evil Melisandre.

"You are right we have the human," Melisandre smirked.

Zac narrowed his eyes from the corner of my eye and shook his head instantly, "We are not really giving Natalya away, remember father?"

"Not until Preston helps to make sure the witches aren't a threat to us, anyway," he added quickly, although he left everyone suspicious of his unusual behaviour.

Except me because I knew he liked Natalya. Deep down in his heartless soul. Trust me, I hated the fact I knew he liked her because that meant I had to take a step back.